What's new

Picked up this baby in the flea market today

it looks like a 1970 Gillete short handle adujstable,
heres a photo compared to my parker 96R

the date code is P2, the problem is that after giving it a good scrub, boiling it, scrubing it again and oiling it, its scratched up, its not been treated well, nothing some metal polish cant fix, except this little detail

the brass is showing, it might need some replating, im sorry about the image quality, i took that photo 4 times, and cant get it right, and the damn camara kept insisting on using flash, i hope the brass is visible in the photo,
you can see that semi circle, apart from that, the shaver is in quite decent condition considering its around 37 years old, i was just wondering if i should be worried about that brass show,

or, just to make this clear, my questions are ) does that require my urgent attention ?
and how do i fix it ?

Nothing to worry about. It cant be fixed unless you want to spend a lot of money and not to mention time and effort to replate it. You have got yourself a good shaver. Just use it.

Don't worry about how it looks...

Unless you bought it to sell it, looks don't matter... I have "several"havers that don't look very well, but boy can they give a good shave...

How does it shave...

Now there's the rub...

Enjoy your shave...:biggrin:

It is frustrating, though, that you can't tell what these flea market items will look like until you take 'em home and work on them. I have three or four that look really nice, and 15 or so that are shaveable but ugly. (Should I say, shaveable, butt-ugly?)

anyways, i have thick hair, and a goatee, and if it grows too thick, i get skin rashes, but for some reason, it grows slow, so i shave every 2-3 days,

so i havent had the pleasure of test driving it yet, but it does have a swidish gillette blade loaded, originaly i loaded a used wilkinson to make sure that the holding mechanism was still intact, its no joke of the blade goes loose while you´re doing a pass on the face,

im still not sure about the model, the P2 means a 1970 superspeed adjustable, is that correct ?

i also saw a gem feather weight in the market, no box, just the shaver, the handle was dirty (well, its white, it attracts dirt) but the head seemed fine, i didnt recognize it at first, so i didnt pick it up,

V

VR6ofpain

Would you have any interest in an X date code Gillette Super Adjustable (has the later model plastic based head)? I think it would fit in very well with your other two razors!

either theres something wrong with it, or the gillette blue blades are horrible, my face is all bruised and im bleeding quite nicly, im going to have to wait atleast a week before i can shave again, ffs, i dont know how im going to show up to work with my face like this,

my god, its been 5 hours and my neck is mighty tender, this shaver has been treated badly, and that it given it bad character, either that or i should try with personna blades, just to make sure, 1 is mildest and 9 is most agressive ? becuase i started on 3 and went to 1,

Top Bottom