What's new

If you won the lottery, what would you buy / or do?

depending on how much i won lets just millions pay off house buy a nicer car and enjoy life no more work for me
damm that sounds good i should start playing lotto

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've spent some time thinking about this.

I would have a brand new box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch every morning. Not so I could have a fresh box, but so I could dump out all but that last bowl that has all the extra cinnamon and sugar.

Give to my church, family members in debt, and ministries that I feel do a good job of glorifying Christ. I would love the feeling of being able to do things like pay for people's missions trips in full before they even started raising the funds. Randomly buy people dinner. Things like that would be my first and main goal.

Next, I'd love to try some higher end scotches. Buy a couple different bottles of expensive frags. Get a large TV (mine is 23"). Own more suits, dress shirts, and dress shoes. Buy very nice antique furniture. Buy a nice 60's style home.

I'd go see my kids. I'd pay off all my debts, set up my kids college funds, pay off our house and buy a new one. I'd set up funds to have my kids first house paid for, college and new car/s. One for high school, one for after college graduation. They get a house when they get out of college. Not just for getting married as I don't want them marrying just to get things. I'll also have a trust set up for them in some way. But, most currently pay off child support I owe and fly to go see them so their mother can't stop me from visiting them anymore. I'd hire one hell of an attorney.

I would buy a few houses and then rent them as vacation properties. I would help people that are struggling so hard. I would invest in people that have amazing talents, and have always wanted their own business to start up and get going. Say a plumber that lives check to check that could benefit from being on his own. I would help him. Sure, it's be a business venture for me as well as I would have a small percentage, but a dream come true for the plumber.

I would find a large company to buy out and make it employee owned.

Yes, I have thought long and very hard about this many times. Often it seems my only saving grace would be to win the lottery, however I rarely, if ever play.

After the practical stuff, I would open a "members only" pipes and cigar bar/lounge. Membership fees would be $1, but they would let me skirt some of the anti-smoking laws. Mostly it would be an excuse to have a really sweet place to hang out and still pretend I have a job.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Tithe 10 percent.
Give to all my and my wifes immediate relatives and close friends.
Establish an ongoing charity fund.
Otherwise give all of the rest of it away until I had just enough left that the interest from it would equal my take home salary now.

First I would quit my job. I would then buy a Specialized S-Works Roubaix and move somewhere I could ride year round. I would also buy a Rhodium plated fatboy. Too bad I don't play the lottery.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Talk to a money man and get myself set up for life. Then, take a vacation. I would probably also get a 66 GTO convertible- a 66 because that was the only year that had the louvered taillights.

on edit: I would not quit work- health insurance is far too pricey. I may take a couple extra unpaid vacations a year, though.

i would buy alot of land and alot of toys to keep me busy in between my travels. live life the way it was meant to be lived in luxury!!!!

i like this thread.

i would buy a roadrunner superbird, a nice house, and maybe offer to buy all of achim's razor collection and make it my own lol. his and everyone else who has a nice collection going. i know there r quite a few of u out there.

Top Bottom