What's new

My weekly trip to Pasteur Pharmacy ;-)

Hi All,

I stopped into Pasteurs today to pick up some Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve (good cheap juice), and ran into Steve the Manager/owner? Really great guy, hes rewarded my repeat business in the past by giving me a sleeve of 200 feathers for $60. Anyway, hes always nice enough to talk to me about different products and such, and even mentioned to me that there was a group of B&B guys that stopped in not to long ago. Anyhow, he got some new soap in called Fitjar from Norway. He actually gave me a bunch of samples of their Neroli soap and Cream, as well as some of their other creams and this stuff called Nyasha Black preshave soap ? Supposedly, it softens your beard (I have a really coarse one) we'll see. He also gave me some gft samples ; ) I'm not the best at reviewing stuff, but Ill do my best as I try this Fitjar stuff, especially the Black Soap, which seems interesting..The Neroli Cream smells.great, lets see how it performs..Ill try it in a couple of days. Im actually gonna let my beard grow a day or two in anticipation of a new straight coming in the mail. I feel like I scored big today.. I usually go in there and come out with at least having spent $ on a puck or 2 of soap and some cream, but today I got all these samples free, which appeased my scad,sbad, and ad in general. I also scored a full tester bottle of Lucky Tiger AS tonic (good stuff) . It was the only bottle left on the shelf, but it was open, partially used,and he refused to sell it to me! He gave it to me! I'll definitely be a customer there for a long time. Its rare, nowadays, to feel appreciated as a customer (believe me, im in there enough), in the age of Walgreens and Rite Aid. And I sure do appreciate having all these great products at my fingertips, and a gentleman of a shop (owner I think?). Anyway, here are some pics, just so you see what I have to deal with, when trying to deal with my crazy acqusition disorder.......

806 Lexington Ave # 1
New York, NY
[FONT=arial, sans-serif](212) 838-2500[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]53 E 34th St # 1[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]New York, NY[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif](212) 683-3838[/FONT]

Attachments

• $IMAG0181.jpg
    $IMAG0181.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5,213
  • $IMAG0173.jpg
    $IMAG0173.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5,170
  • $IMAG0171.jpg
    $IMAG0171.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 5,140
  • $IMAG0170.jpg
    $IMAG0170.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5,157
  • $IMAG0168.jpg
    $IMAG0168.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,166
Last edited by a moderator:
More pics

Attachments

• $IMAG0149.jpg
    $IMAG0149.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 5,108
  • $IMAG0165.jpg
    $IMAG0165.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5,097
  • $IMAG0166.jpg
    $IMAG0166.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 5,098
  • $IMAG0167.jpg
    $IMAG0167.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5,097
They have the good stuff, don't they?
Those last photos don't work for me... (post #5)

What are the two soaps to the left of the Old Spice boxes? One looks to be French (Savon A Barbe). Is that the brand name?

EDIT: I found it. It is Plisson's soap. Thanks for all the photos!

Last edited:
Fitjar is good stuff! I've been looking for the "fern" scent (bregneskog) but can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Fitjar is good stuff! I've been looking for the "fern" scent (bregneskog) but can't seem to find it anywhere :(

I just noticed he have me a sample of the Bregneskog. Its in the first pic I posted. PM me. If you want, next time I go, Ill pick up a tub of it and send it to you, if you cover the cost plus shipping, and paypal it over.

I just noticed he have me a sample of the Bregneskog. Its in the first pic I posted. PM me. If you want, next time I go, Ill pick up a tub of it and send it to you, if you cover the cost plus shipping, and paypal it over.

Did you happen to notice if he had the Bregneskog soap, or just the cream?

They have the good stuff, don't they?
Those last photos don't work for me...

What are the two soaps to the left of the Old Spice boxes? One looks to be French (Savon A Barbe). Is that the brand name?

EDIT: I found it. It is Plisson's soap. Thanks for all the photos!

Plisson soap is a very top notch performer!

Did you happen to notice if he had the Bregneskog soap, or just the cream?

Heres the fitjar shelf..I dont see any specified scent on the labels. I only know he gave me a sample of the Bregneskog cream.
$IMAG0147.jpg

Last edited:
Pics

Attachments

• $IMAG0146.jpg
    $IMAG0146.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4,964
  • $IMAG0148.jpg
    $IMAG0148.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4,965
  • $IMAG0150.jpg
    $IMAG0150.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4,952
  • $IMAG0153.jpg
    $IMAG0153.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 4,931
  • $IMAG0160.jpg
    $IMAG0160.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4,935
Pics

Attachments

• $IMAG0145.jpg
    $IMAG0145.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4,894
  • $IMAG0154.jpg
    $IMAG0154.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4,916
  • $IMAG0158.jpg
    $IMAG0158.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4,902
  • $IMAG0159.jpg
    $IMAG0159.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4,894
I am in awe.

Words fail me at this point.

I'm just going outside and may be some time.

Believe me, its not easy staying away. Ive been trying to reign in the spending, because I felt it was beginning to be a problem. So I figured id go in and pick up some clubman as, which is cheap $8 or $9, and lately ive only been buying s
A puck or 2 of soap. It could get ugly if I, let it. They just have so much that I want to try. That's why I'm grateful he was nice enough to give me those samples. Itll hold me over for about a week ; ) And its not just me that he was kind to, because I'm a regular. A gentleman bought a de razor, and received a couple of nice samples of gft creams...Great place..Great people..

Last edited:
Top Bottom