What's new

Looking for a bay rum. Suggestions?

I'm a huge fan of ogallala bay rum (lime & peppercorn). My bottle is nearing empty, so I figured I'd seek a replacement for a bit.

Any suggestions for a really nice bay rum to try next?

I started out with the Ogallala sampler, now my rotation includes Captains Choice, Dominica, Royall and SCS Bay Rum with a Twist ASM. Currently loving the Dominica and Royall.

Economy buy: Masters Bay Rum from any Sallys Beauty Supply ($7-9)
If you want and can spend around 20 bucks, Captains Choice is your best bet ($17.95 from WCS)

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I love Ogallala but the Masters from Sally's is waaaaaay cheaper. I got some and decanted it into a nice classic looking old avon bottle I picked up for a few bucks on ebay. I hate plastic.

This may strike some of you as heresy but I’ve got some Dominica and St. Lucia that I use on occasion. They are really in the same family of sorts - more splashes in my book.

This may strike some of you as heresy but I’ve got some Dominica and St. Lucia that I use on occasion. They are really in the same family of sorts - more splashes in my book.

OH MY!

Stick with Captain's Choice - best I have ever used... and I hear that you have an 'in' with the manufacturer! LOL

Look no further than Captains Choice. Yes there are many great ones out there but this is by far the best. St Johns is also amazing but quite pricey. Bottle is very cool!

I'll agree with this. I have the Dominica Lime and it's a refreshing light splash vs. a hearty soothing formula (like an Alt Innsbruck, etc.)

Looking forward to trying yours soon.

For starters, Captain's Choice is a must have! No AS collection is complete without it. If you're looking for others, Ogalla Bay Rum is really nice as well (you just indicated you had the Limes and Peppercorns). I also like DR Harris Bay Rum. It's a bit on the pricier side, but it is a much darker scent (more clove than others) and is a great performer.

I have the Ogallala bonanza pack. I like them all, especially the Bay Rum & Sandalwood, but Captain's Choice is still my fav.

How would you all compare Dominica Bay Rum Lime to a Captain's Choice? As the Capt. himself said...the Dominica is more of a splash. I find mine to be refreshing but not as hearty. Does Capt's Choice fit into the "hearty" category?

I enjoy Clubman VI Bay Rum, ah the burn! :bayrum2: I have on occasion mixed Master Bay Rum with Clubman and it makes a fine scent.

Top Bottom