My JNAT

I just got my JNAT today, an Ozuku Asagi lv 5+

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wet
proxy.php

It has beautiful pattern resembles clouds. The stone is very hard, I lapped it with my DMT 8C and it barely brought up a slurry, I then polished it to a mirror with a Coticule.

I gave it a quick run tonight with a shave ready razor. I made a light slurry with a Tomonagura and honed until almost dry, I then diluted and honed with x-strokes. I finished with about 100 strokes on just water. I tested the edge and barely passed the HHT,I stropped and improved a bit not not much.

Looks like I will need some serious trial and error

How many dilutions did you do? After that did you do any half strokes before the 100 x strokes?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Jnats are certainly a different animal. I can get kamisori and wedges lasersharp on them, but hollows still only get to "ho-hum" sharpness :).

Doc that is a very beautiful stone. Congrats.
Thank you
Very nice sir, glad to see it came. Did you shave with it or just test the HHT? I found that by using this technique on the last 20 or so strokes I get the lighter touch like paco664 was talking about in another thread and it pushes the HHT up one point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnlXb4Om9to&context=C386cfffADOEgsToPDskLbuZLFzKCJ4C5daC8jTvoV
Just tried the HHT, no shave yet.

How many dilutions did you do? After that did you do any half strokes before the 100 x strokes?
Just 2, i probably need more. I just wanted to get the feel last night.

Very nice. Enjoy.
Thank you, I will eventually enjoy.

Gorgeous stone. Please keep us posted as to your progress/experience with it.
Thank you, will definitely keep posted

Jnats are certainly a different animal. I can get kamisori and wedges lasersharp on them, but hollows still only get to "ho-hum" sharpness :).
ho-hum? can you shave with that? :001_tongu

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
ZERO pressure with 'perfect' strokes on the finisher is what works for me.

Thanks! It must be my lack of finesse on the no pressure laps. The wedges don't flex so I can get away with it on them.

Lol. After your first great edge off the Jnat you will understand. It is like a taco without the hot sauce...
Kentos, you keep trying to enlighten me with metaphors but I am just as dense as population of trees within a forest (right back at you)

Try x strokes under running water.

Today I tried again, I brought up a thinnish slurry, did about 50 laps until the slurry was almost dry, then diluted it down serially in 5 dilutions until I finished with about 100 laps in plain water, it passes the HHT right off the stone (2-3), I stopped on just leather and will shave tomorrow.

Top Bottom