What's new

Beard/Moustache wearers.... to lather or not to lather

I have a goatee and a handlebar..... when I lather up- I lather everything.... Even the handlebar
(It gets lathered and brushed towards the center to keep the long ends safe from the blade)

I find the rich lathers have a conditioning effect on the whiskers
After rinsing off, I wax back up (very lightly) still damp- and comb it out about a half hour later for a more "relaxed" look
Special occasions- I wax just the tips and give then a little twist for that "Perfect" look.

How about you guys? Do you lather the facial topiary, or do you avoid getting lather in it?

I avoid lather and just shampoo mine when in the shower. I use my finger to clear away the edges before shaving so I can keep the lines straight.

I generally do not lather my goatee and moustache but a little lather is unavoidable, right? I use the bit of lather in the corners of my facial hair for touch up passes.

I just shaved off my mustache, which I had been waxing into a handlebar. I generally avoided lathering the stache out of fear that I would end up chopping into it accidentally.

Full beard, and I only lather the part I shave. But I get lather everywhere anyway. That is why I shave before I shower. Have to wash off the lather.

I generally do not lather my goatee and moustache but a little lather is unavoidable, right? I use the bit of lather in the corners of my facial hair for touch up passes.

I don't purposely lather my goatee and mustache either, but it's somewhat unavoidable and I don't care. My thick goatee holds my touch up pass lather as well. :biggrin1:

I don't generally lather the stache, but sometimes I have to get the little stiff hairs on the edge of my lip. Then it all gets lathered. And I usually manage to get it all up my nose also.
Johnnie

When I have a mustache or beard I still lather over those areas, as I've always found it to be a very effective technique when face lathering.

Top Bottom