What's new

Does The Golden Nib make brushes?

Or only sell handles and knots...? There is a nice handle on there but I'm not a very handy person and don't think I could make a nice brush myself. What are my options?

I believe that he will assemble a brush to your specs. Drop him an e-mail to inquire if that is an option. My info is from reading this forum, no personal knowledge. Regards, Bradley

It is so easy you will laugh. The handles are predrilled so you buy the diameter handle you like, the same diameter knot you like and out a little epoxy around the predrilled area, twist the knot into the handle, let it set overnight. If by whatever reason you seep epoxy out of the bonded area you can take a toothpick and scrape it off then wipe it down.

Tony is a great guy. You will enjoy his correspondence.

I believe that he will assemble a brush to your specs. Drop him an e-mail to inquire if that is an option. My info is from reading this forum, no personal knowledge. Regards, Bradley

It is so easy you will laugh. The handles are predrilled so you buy the diameter handle you like, the same diameter knot you like and out a little epoxy around the predrilled area, twist the knot into the handle, let it set overnight. If by whatever reason you seep epoxy out of the bonded area you can take a toothpick and scrape it off then wipe it down.

True, but if the loft is too high or the diameter of the hole is small you'll need to drill/bore the hole a bit more. I find the handle selection a bit lacking, but prefer to look for older/Vintage handles in the Wild.

Top Bottom