What's new

Rotation roulette - a game of danger

It might get more interesting if you included pre-shaves, aftershaves, and fragrances. I can see some really twisted combinations coming out of that. Also, you should include at least 6-7 selections from each (if possible).

I was hoping people would get into those, but I didn't want it to seem too complicated. You can also list multiple tools, such as a bunch of creams and a bunch of blades, as long as there's a "bullet" in each set.

Ok, I was about to say I'm next, but I really don't see the point of the game...

The point is to spice up your rotation - to make it fresh and unpredictable. My standard rotation, for example, consists of pure pleasure. I know that I will like every product. It's like eating nothing but candy; it gets dull and boring. If there's a chance I might be challenged and I might not get to use the perfect tools, every shave becomes important and interesting.

It might get more interesting if you included pre-shaves, aftershaves, and fragrances. I can see some really twisted combinations coming out of that. Also, you should include at least 6-7 selections from each (if possible).

I guess I could be the guinea pig for this one:

Pre-shave: AoS sandalwood, T&F pre-shave oil, Edwin Jagger pre-shave cream

Creams: Boticario de Havana, Proraso, Aubrey North Woods, EJ Sea Buckthorn, QCS Juniper and Vostok, Proraso, Speick, Salter Rose, AoS Lavender and Sandalwood, ToBS Eton College, Shaving Shop, and Avocado.

Aftershaves: Aubrey North Woods, City Rhythms, and Spice Islands, Ogallala Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman, The Veg, Special Reserve, and Bay Rum, Lucky Tiger, Speick, EJ Sea Buckthorn, AoS sandalwood, Aqua Velva, Old Spice, 4711, Proraso, and Herbissimo Juniper.

EdTs: Chanel Bleu and Allure, Speick, Herbissimo Juniper, Terre D'Hermes, Dsquared2 Rocky Mountain Wood, Ocean Wet Wood, and He Wood, Prada Intense, Burberry London, Botanico de Havana, and C.O. Bigelow Green, Blue, and White.

Pre-Shave: EJ
Cream: Aubrey
A/S: Aqua Velva
EdT: Burberry

If nothing else, it will be an assault on the olfactory.

We could really make someone smell like crap here. Mixing sandelwood preshave, with Avocado shave and Burberry aftershave doesn't sound too inticing to smell at the office all day. throw that in with a rough blade and you will be noticed as toxic.

Ok, my turn, a couple of these don't really have a "bullet" but I thought I would let you pick them for me anyway.

Preshave: Proraso, Noxema
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green tub, D.R. Harris Marlborough, Tabac, RazoRock XXX, C.O. Bigelow Cream
Blade: Astra SP, Feather, Dorco ST-301, Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow, Red Personna Israeli
Aftershave: 4711, Pinaud Clubman, Old Spice original, Adidas sport something or other that I got at Walmart

Preshave: Proraso
Soap/Cream: RazoRock XXX
Blade: Red Personna Israeli
Aftershave: Old Spice original

I'm going to take my chances with a super lather here to make it interesting so here's the choices:
preshave - aos ocean kelp gel or aos lavender oil
Soaps - qsc province, aos lavender, qcs basilica, mwf, qcs queen charolette, qcs Vostok, qcs key lime, and qcs lavender
creams - aos lavender, kmf lavender, kmf lime, qcs cayman, qcs Celestial woods, qcs esquire, qcs green Irish tweed, qcs Mysore sandalwood, qcs vetiver, and aos ocean kelp
Dont know if I would exactly call the qcs creams, creams in the sense of kmf creams but I'll try them if it comes to it.
aftershave will be captains choice bay rum as I'm testing it out for a week solid before giving it a review.

First, pick a soap/cream:Razorock Lemon, Proraso (tube), Ingrams.Second, Post shave treatment:GFT Sandalwood Skin Food, Alum, Nivea ASBFinally, pick a fragrance:Hugo Boss, Devin by Aramis, Tommy Hilfiger.There is a bullet in every catagory.

Interesting combo there, I'll let you know how it goes. Vostok was my bullet for this shave, too cold for this time of year. Never super lathered with any qcs cream so we'll see how it goes

First, pick a soap/cream:Razorock Lemon, Proraso (tube), Ingrams.Second, Post shave treatment:GFT Sandalwood Skin Food, Alum, Nivea ASBFinally, pick a fragrance:Hugo Boss, Devin by Aramis, Tommy Hilfiger.There is a bullet in every catagory.

Your bravery is impressive.

RazoRock lemon
Sandalwood skin food
Tommy Hilfiger

Preshave: Proraso
Soap/Cream: RazoRock XXX
Blade: Red Personna Israeli
Aftershave: Old Spice original

Perfect, the bullets were C.O. Bigelow and Feathers. Looking forward to a great shave tomorrow morning.

Apparently the Old Spice was also a bullet, I just didn't know it. I went to set everything out tonight and the Old Spice bottle was empty. Fortunately I was already headed to the store to pick something else up so I grabbed another bottle.

OK...did this shave this morning. If I had a bullet in my collection, it was the Aubrey shave cream because it's non-lathering. So, I didn't get a chance to enjoy making lather this morning. The EJ pre-shave is a pretty strong menthol, so that pretty much dominated the shave and cooled me down. The Aubrey was barely noticeable mixed in with the EJ. The Aqua Velva cooled me down even more. Surprisingly, it didn't clash too much with the Burberry. I sort of smell like a sweetened Aqua Velva. I'm going to see the dentist in an hour, so I wonder if I will get any responses.

Pre-Shave: EJ
Cream: Aubrey
A/S: Aqua Velva
EdT: Burberry

If nothing else, it will be an assault on the olfactory.

This is a really cool idea. When I can't decide what I want to do, I let SWMBO go in and pick out what I'm to use that day. I'll put up some choices tonight.

Ok, I'll give this a go. I threw in a choice of razors just to make it interesting

Razor blade: Feather, Voskhod, Shark ss

Soap/cream: Tabac, Pyrate's Cove lime, Arko, Colgate Barber, Proraso cream, Old spice cream

Razor: red tip SS, Gillette 40's SS, Fatboy, Milord

Top Bottom