What's new

Rotation roulette - a game of danger

This is like Russian roulette, but instead of a bullet, we'll use a shaving product.

You are the "shooter." Name a tool for your next shave, and list options we can choose. One of the options must be a product you don't want to use (but don't tell us which one). For example, if I hated Tabac but liked all other soaps, I could post:

Soap: Trumper's coconut, MWF, Tabac, or D.R. Harris Arlington

We post our votes as quickly as possible (vote for one item only), and you must use the item that gets the first vote. If it's one of the items you like, that's great. If it's the one you don't like, tough. After you shave with the item that got the first vote, report back to us and tell us how the shave went. You may whine and cry as much as you want.

If you're brave, give us only two options and hope the first vote is for the one you like.

If the "shooter" outbid you in an eBay auction, get your revenge by being the first voter and choosing the item they hate.

Got it? Good luck!

I'll start.

Soap: RazoRock Muguet de France, Dr. Dittmar, Institut Karite, or I Coloniali.

I'll go next.

Al's bomb custom lavender, Yardley, Coates Tea tree and Rosemary, RazoRock Thirdeye and, uh, Castle Forbes Lavender.

Safe by only a few seconds! I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. I didn't like Dr. Dittmar the first time I tried it.

$target.jpg

You're not exactly taking a risk there buddy!

Have fun with IK tomorrow.

Well, I just finished my shave with Institut Karite. I was so happy about not having to use Dr. Dittmar, I got a bit careless with my straight, a 5/8 round-point Bengall. As a honing noob, I'd put a tiny spike in the point. The spike dug into my first cheek, and the result bled for most of the shave. Hubris...

ok.... I will be using Williams soap and an EJ brush... The razor will be a Yuma....

Blade choice:

Shark, Laser Super Platinum, Super Max Super Platinum, Astra Superior Platinum, ASCO super stainless, Rapira

This is interesting to me because I have only tried ONE of these blades.... Go for it!

It might get more interesting if you included pre-shaves, aftershaves, and fragrances. I can see some really twisted combinations coming out of that. Also, you should include at least 6-7 selections from each (if possible).

I guess I could be the guinea pig for this one:

Pre-shave: AoS sandalwood, T&F pre-shave oil, Edwin Jagger pre-shave cream

Creams: Boticario de Havana, Proraso, Aubrey North Woods, EJ Sea Buckthorn, QCS Juniper and Vostok, Proraso, Speick, Salter Rose, AoS Lavender and Sandalwood, ToBS Eton College, Shaving Shop, and Avocado.

Aftershaves: Aubrey North Woods, City Rhythms, and Spice Islands, Ogallala Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman, The Veg, Special Reserve, and Bay Rum, Lucky Tiger, Speick, EJ Sea Buckthorn, AoS sandalwood, Aqua Velva, Old Spice, 4711, Proraso, and Herbissimo Juniper.

EdTs: Chanel Bleu and Allure, Speick, Herbissimo Juniper, Terre D'Hermes, Dsquared2 Rocky Mountain Wood, Ocean Wet Wood, and He Wood, Prada Intense, Burberry London, Botanico de Havana, and C.O. Bigelow Green, Blue, and White.

Last edited:
Top Bottom