Blades:
  1. Feather
  2. Personna red
  3. Shark

Cream:
  1. Arko
  2. AoS Sandalwood
  3. TOBS Sandalwood

I used KMF Lavender with the NEW, followed by some Clubman. I did get one NASTY weeper above my upper lip that had to be penciled. When I spashed on the Clubman, I thought it would burn me up, but actually, I didn't feel a thing. Obviously, it was a pretty nice shave, with only 1 weeper due to carelessness.

I just finished my shave with the EJ89, SI blade & QCS Rose. Awesome, almost BBS shave! The QCS rose was actually my soap/cream bullet because I've only worked with it a couple times and hadn't figured out how to get a good lather. The EJ89 was my bullet for the razors because I've been switching between my tech & SS and having better results with them than I did with the EJ89.

I got a great lather with the QCS and no razor burn with the EJ89 with an SI. I think I got off easy on this one, so I'll do the 'no frills' one as soon as I swap out blades from my EJ89... that'll be a while with an SI in there.

Good job, both!

I've found that it's not always easy to take a bullet. I make up my mind pretty quickly, and rarely does a dismissed product regain my favor.

I already had an Astra loaded and on to it's 3rd and final use. Then came the Cade. Only my second try with this and I still hate it. The worst lather from any cream I have owned and the fragrance is, if anything, becoming more offensive to me each time I smell it. Was a pretty rough shave, with very little glide but managed to avoid blood. At least the BB ASB went a long way to masking it.

Astra SP
L'Occitane Cade
Blenheim Bouquet!

Enjoy your shave!

Checking in:

My picks were my Fatboy set to 9, a Shark blade, and TOBS Sandalwood soap. Well, no real drama here - just an acceptable shave. Nothing to write home about, really. While I like the scent of TOBS, I really prefer the cushion I get from products like Proraso, Arko, and C.O. Bigelow. As for the blade? Meh. It was like going back to Derby blades. It cut the beard and not my face. However, it's definitely no Feather. The Fatboy did what a Fatboy does - shave well. In fact, I'm probably lucky that I had it cranked to 9 considering the mediocre performance of the Shark. I came away with a DFS but not something I'd consider up to my typical standards. All in all, If I ran out of Feathers and all I had was a pack of Sharks, I could live with it. I just don't plan on letting myself get into that position.

As for this game? Well, I've pretty much ran out of "meh" products that you guys don't already know about. So, I'm done for now. It's been... interesting :wink2:

Tabula Rasa!

Used it for 2 shaves, very nice croap. Easy to lather, nice face feel. The scent is fairly weak, it's definitely present but doesn't linger or isn't overpowering at all. A tad bit more scent would have been nice IMHO. I should have used a spoon to scoop it out, dipping the brush was a bit finicky to get the right amount loaded from the tub.

Top Bottom