What's new

Rotation roulette - a game of danger

Argh! The Provence Sante was the bullet, and the Schulze has been giving me all sorts of trouble with honing. Maybe I'll grow a beard.

Nah. I'll try the combo. This'll be fun.

Ok here goes.

SS- Palmolive. SRD Patchouli. MWF. Plisson. AOS lemon
AS- AV musk. 4711. Pinaud. Poraso. Lilac Veg
Blade- Astra. Personna red. Derby. Crystal

The point is to spice up your rotation - to make it fresh and unpredictable. My standard rotation, for example, consists of pure pleasure. I know that I will like every product. It's like eating nothing but candy; it gets dull and boring. If there's a chance I might be challenged and I might not get to use the perfect tools, every shave becomes important and interesting.

I get your point, but the AD's have been kind to my wallet, so the only bullets I have, give me irritation:behead: . So putting a bullet in, would be like ruining my shave on purpose.

Here we are, already to go on my Russian odyssey! $Roulette.jpg
Went with the Экстра instead of my Столичная.

Last edited:
Well, first time I've used Godrej with a straight. Probably the last time as I didn't dodge that bullet. Not slick enough for a straight in my opinion. I got weepers is several spots and the lime makes the weepers sting on the second and third passes. I even started with some Em's Place Lime Citrus preshave gel to ease into the Godrej.

It's been a while since I used the Экстра so I gave it 5 passes over the CrOx strop before doing my usual stropping. Sucker came out sharp! No pulling or tugging at all, sharp enough to give me weepers for the first time with a straight.

The Aqua Velva and the lime mixed pretty well - I was pleasantly surprised. Putting the AOS Sandalwood on top seemed pretty weird to me, but when my wife kissed me she said, "Aqua Velva and something else. Whatever it is, I like it." I figured it would kill her because of her sensitive nose. You could have knocked me over with a feather (not the blade).

So, to sum up, of the 4 bullets, one hit me square in the face and one nicked me. Teach me to play Russian roulette with a Russian.
:gunsmilie:

Alright Ill have a go at this!!!! I'm on the road right now so don't have my full arsenal but an okay list.....

Pre: Proraso, AoS Lavender Oil
Cream: Proraso, CF Lime, Geo T. Coconut sample
Razor: Max Custom, Toyo 666, Case Red IMP,

there ya go......there are a few bullet"ISH" things in there

Slimy, cold sandalwood!

So I cheated a bit on this shave, forgive me, I used celestial woods instead of sandalwood for the shave. This shave brought back memories of when I was a boy scout. We used to go on a campout in the snow called Klondike and with the vostok I felt like I had just got out of my nice warm sleeping bag and gathered a tub full of snow to use as shave soap. The smell of the forest surrounding me muttled by the snowball that just got thrown in my face while eating a candycane. It's like I used that snowball to cover my face and decided, hey I should with this icy goodness since its nothing more than frozen water melting on my face leaving the ultimate amount of slickness to shave with. Following the shave of winter ice I used some captains choice bay rum with brought me back to my time living in Fiji sitting on an uninhabited island basking in the sun after scuba diving with the sharks all morning sipping on
a coconut with a mini umbrella while reading under the palm trees. I guess this is me saying thanks you for bringing back some of my fondest memories.

Alright Ill have a go at this!!!! I'm on the road right now so don't have my full arsenal but an okay list.....

Pre: AoS Lavender Oil
Cream: CF Lime
Razor: Toyo 666

there ya go......there are a few bullet"ISH" things in there

I'd be surprised if there were any bullets in that lineup, but you never know.

bhorsoft, I can't believe your wife liked that combo. Maybe you should try some other weird stuff and see what you can get away with.

It might get more interesting if you included pre-shaves, aftershaves, and fragrances. I can see some really twisted combinations coming out of that. Also, you should include at least 6-7 selections from each (if possible).

I guess I could be the guinea pig for this one:

Pre-shave: AoS sandalwood, T&F pre-shave oil, Edwin Jagger pre-shave cream

Creams: Boticario de Havana, Proraso, Aubrey North Woods, EJ Sea Buckthorn, QCS Juniper and Vostok, Proraso, Speick, Salter Rose, AoS Lavender and Sandalwood, ToBS Eton College, Shaving Shop, and Avocado.

Aftershaves: Aubrey North Woods, City Rhythms, and Spice Islands, Ogallala Bay Rum, Pinaud Clubman, The Veg, Special Reserve, and Bay Rum, Lucky Tiger, Speick, EJ Sea Buckthorn, AoS sandalwood, Aqua Velva, Old Spice, 4711, Proraso, and Herbissimo Juniper.

EdTs: Chanel Bleu and Allure, Speick, Herbissimo Juniper, Terre D'Hermes, Dsquared2 Rocky Mountain Wood, Ocean Wet Wood, and He Wood, Prada Intense, Burberry London, Botanico de Havana, and C.O. Bigelow Green, Blue, and White.

This sounds like a lot of fun! Good idea!

Pre: AoS sandalwood.
Cream: QCS Vostok
After: Lucky Tiger
EDT: Burberry London

Ok here goes.

SS-SRD Patchouli
AS-Lilac Veg
Blade-Personna red

gash,

The combo was definitely something that I would not have chosen on my own. But, it actually wasn't that bad. The patchouli mixed quite well w/ the Veg. although as I forgot to include EDT's, I chose not to don one.

OK. Let's go for the Schulze 6/8 and the Provence Sante verlaine soap...

I completed the shave. Tug of war only begins to describe it. I thought I'd done a better job honing, this time. In the shave, though, I had to go over areas multiple times, and it STILL looked like I hadn't shaved. I didn't cut myself, but only because the razor couldn't even have cut a cobweb.

Top Bottom