What's new

Rotation roulette - a game of danger

OK...did this shave this morning. If I had a bullet in my collection, it was the Aubrey shave cream because it's non-lathering. So, I didn't get a chance to enjoy making lather this morning. The EJ pre-shave is a pretty strong menthol, so that pretty much dominated the shave and cooled me down. The Aubrey was barely noticeable mixed in with the EJ. The Aqua Velva cooled me down even more. Surprisingly, it didn't clash too much with the Burberry. I sort of smell like a sweetened Aqua Velva. I'm going to see the dentist in an hour, so I wonder if I will get any responses.

Nicely done, sir.

Now I guess I have to come up with one. Hmmm....

OK, here goes for me. We'll use a standard "six-shooter" format for each category:

Razor: Merkur HD, Merkur 38 w/ blue handle, short handle Super Adjustable, Tech mid 60s, Red Tip Super Speed, Old Type

Blade: Dorco 301, Super Max Platinum, Astra SP, red pack Personna, Iridium, store-brand Personna

Cream: TOBS Shave Shop, Derby Lemon, Trumper GFT, Old Spice Original (India), EJ Aloe Vera, Star & Rose (shave stick)

Let's see what we get.....

Okay, how about Shark ss, Colgate Barber, and red tip SS.

Ok, I'll give this a go. I threw in a choice of razors just to make it interesting

Razor blade: Feather, Voskhod, Shark ss

Soap/cream: Tabac, Pyrate's Cove lime, Arko, Colgate Barber, Proraso cream, Old spice cream

Razor: red tip SS, Gillette 40's SS, Fatboy, Milord

Double whammy!
:scared:
The blue 38 is more razor than I need. With the Iridium and I'd better have 911 on speed dial.
The EJ is one of my gems, so we'll see how it protects me.

At least it wasn't a dry shave with an R41 and a Feather.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by valleyrider
I'm going to take my chances with a super lather here to make it interesting so here's the choices:
preshave - aos lavender oil
Soaps - mwf
creams - qcs green Irish tweed

Have fun!

I had a very interesting shave with this combo today. Started out smelling only the MWF on the fisrt pass, second pass was a balance between GIT and MWF, third pass was a strong GIT scent with very little MWF. I was surprised to smell this as I would assume it would have all been mixed together equally throught the shave. What caused this I have no clue but it was great to have a scent change throughout the shave!

Same list going for round 2!

I'm going to take my chances with a super lather here to make it interesting so here's the choices:
preshave - aos ocean kelp gel or aos lavender oil
Soaps - qsc province, aos lavender, qcs basilica, mwf, qcs queen charolette, qcs Vostok, qcs key lime, and qcs lavender
creams - aos lavender, kmf lavender, kmf lime, qcs cayman, qcs Celestial woods, qcs esquire, qcs green Irish tweed, qcs Mysore sandalwood, qcs vetiver, and aos ocean kelp
Dont know if I would exactly call the qcs creams, creams in the sense of kmf creams but I'll try them if it comes to it.
aftershave will be captains choice bay rum as I'm testing it out for a week solid before giving it a review.

Courtesy of gash and BrookR1, this morning's shave was the blue handled 38 with an Iridium. EJ AV cream, topped off with Trumper's Sandalwood.

I've already had three shaves w/ the Iridium this week in my HD, so this will bring it up a notch.
The razor and blade are a mighty combo I would have shied away from.
The saving graces here were the EJ cream and the Trumpers Sandalwood, which are two of my favorite products.

Let's just say that my face is telling me that it's been shaved.
Some irritation and weepers. A drop of glycerine added to the A/S is helping to calm things.

OK, who's next?

Choose my weapons!

Soap/cream: Acca Kappa 1869 cream (in the tub), Provence Sante verlaine soap, RazoRock King Louis lavender soap

Straight razor: Bengall 5/8, Schulze 6/8, Torrey 5/8

This may test my honing ability, as only one of the razors is shave-ready.

OK, I'll bite:

Razor: Mergress Long Handle, Futur, Henkel 5/8 straight or Russian straight
Cream: Bigelow, QCS Calypso, Lime Godrej, or T&H Lavender
AS: Clubman, Aqua Velva, Dominica, or Proraso AS (not Balm)
Balm: Em's Bay Rum, Trumper Lime Skin Food, AOS Sandalwood, Em's Outdoors

Watcha got!

Top Bottom