What's new

Slicing Motion?

Is it okay to add a slight horizontal motion to a stroke with a straight in order to slice cleaner? I have found doing so makes my passes much more effective.

all the time, just make sure it's always moving in the Y plane when moving in the X plane. you can even add in the Z plane if you do mild scoops. as for the 4th dimension, that sounds dangerous beyond comprehension..

all the time, just make sure it's always moving in the Y plane when moving in the X plane. you can even add in the Z plane if you do mild scoops. as for the 4th dimension, that sounds dangerous beyond comprehension..

I believe that would open up a wormhole due to causing a rip in the space/time continuum. Either that or gate to hell.

LOL - reminds me of school. In class: 1+1=2. Exam time: John has 4 pies, jake eats 3. What's the mass of the moon? Bahahah

You may like to try a guillotine stroke as well. That's where the razor is held at a diagonal to the direction of travel. A bit less risky. I nearly cut myself this morning as I was slicing thru a small area. Pain but no blood, thankfully.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You can actually go pretty extreme with that slicing motion, but I would suggest a very flat
angle, low pressure and slick lather. It works great for me on the jawline and chim ATG passes, but YMMV.

Some gents recommend this.

I don't, but then again I shave with pressure. If it works better for you than by all means do it. I find its easier to cut myself, however.

At times I'll use a stroke something like that. It seems to be a bit risky, but if you take your time and are careful it gets the job done much better. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom