Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: FREE Double Edge Razors!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Did anyone compare their test razor to a 2011 R41? I've never had the later R41 model (had the previous one 2010)
    I've got both year's Mühle R41s so I can compare them. Are you looking for a comparison of aggressiveness? The 2011 R41 is more aggressive, but the PureMan prototype I tested is more aggressive than 90% of my collection. IMO, it's the perfect balance.
    Leigh ~ straights, single edges, double edges, boars, badgers, pipes ~ BOTOC

2. Default

If these are still available, I would love to test one. I have reviewed every one of the shave products I have purchased over the years, providing feedback to the sites where I buy. I am an experienced DE shaver, and I have owned and used most brands and styles that are currently available. And I am spending time at work getting my colleagues sucked into the pleasures of shaving the right way. Please let me know. Thanks.
    Walkin' in Mergress

Images

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Did anyone compare their test razor to a 2011 R41? I've never had the later R41 model (had the previous one 2010)
    I did...

The R41 is significantly more aggressive. If the R41 is a 9 1/2 on the aggressive scale, my Gillette SS a 2, my Futur set on 5-6 would be about a 9, and my Schick Krona is about a 1..... my test razor is maybe a 5. Neat thing is the handles are interchangeable between the R41 and the PureMan and I really like the handle on my PureMan.
    Last edited by Acmemfg; 03-03-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Tested my Razor out for several weeks now and have just sent my feedback off. From what I could see any issues I had with my Razor could certainly be ironed out by the time this razor goes into production.

Sent my feedback today as well. I just wanted to publicly thank Pureman again for running this program. It was both generous and thoughtful and to me shows that they are intent on putting out great products. Good luck with this endeavor fellas!

Images

I have had the test razor for only 5 days so only 5 shaves with it. Not enough to formulate a conclusion. In fact today was the first top flight shave I have had with it so far. I've used a different blade in it each of the 5 days trying to find something that worked with the razor, my beard, and my tender skin. One of the blades I used a few days ago yielded a nice shave but today the bells went off and I think I have found what the razor likes when it comes to my preference in shaves. I want to go back to a 2nd shave on a couple of the blades I tried earlier and a 2nd shave on today's excellent performing blade.

In my last conversation with Pureman they said mid March would be their timeline for everyone to comment.

I will need at least 5-7 more shaves with this razor to come to a conclusion. This should still put me in under the middle of the month cut-off/deadline.

Images

Indeed this razor prefers one blade over another. I'll be submitting my evaluation in a day or 2.

Default Sounding Excellent

Just wanted to thank you gentlemen for providing some general bits of information. Sounding like a quality product. And given the way they are going about it, I expect Pureman to find a lot of success. I'm really looking forward to reading the detailed reviews when they are allowed for release.
    ~ Lee

Images

Sent my review into PureMan. All I can say is that anyone looking for a new razor in the forseeable future would be well advised to wait a little while until these are released. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Images

I just got my razor from the post office today! It arrived the day I left for vacation. It looks beautiful and now I'm home to use it! The feedback to PUREMAN will be coming in the near future.
    But we'll dance in the dark and they'll play with our lives - David Bowie

Pureman, if it's not too late, I'd be very happy to assist and provide detailed feedback. I'm from Aus too... Cheers.

Images

I have sent in my review of this product after 7 days in a row with it.

I am from the NT, so in typical territorian fashion will ask if I am too late ?

Default UPDATE on FREE DE Razors

Hi gentleman

Firstly apologies for delay in providing an update! Secondly thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post and a particular thank you to our testers - you guys were amazing with your feedback, the level of detail was exceptional and beyond our expectations. We now feel more confident with the future stages of development. All feedback is being reviewed and considered and implemented.

If it is acceptable to our testers, once we have finalised the next round of development, we will send out the razors for further final feedback/analysis.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards
    Al
    [URL]www.pureman.com.au[/URL] retailing Merkur Vulfix Proraso GFT Floris Truefitt & more

Sounds pretty darn acceptable to me :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Pureman View Post

If it is acceptable to our testers, once we have finalised the next round of development, we will send out the razors for further final feedback/analysis.
    I try to set myself second.

Images

Thanks once again.

Kind regards
    Al
    Can't wait to see the changes you have made based on the reports from the testers.

It was a pleasure to get the importunity to be a part of your new product

THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by turtle; 03-28-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spel'in

Images

Hi gentleman

Firstly apologies for delay in providing an update! Secondly thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post and a particular thank you to our testers - you guys were amazing with your feedback, the level of detail was exceptional and beyond our expectations. We now feel more confident with the future stages of development. All feedback is being reviewed and considered and implemented.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards
    Al
    I'm glad to hear that our feedback was useful for you. I can hardly wait to see PureMan razors on the market.

It would be my pleasure to be a part of the final feedback and analysis.
    Leigh ~ straights, single edges, double edges, boars, badgers, pipes ~ BOTOC

Images

More than acceptable. I know that I enjoyed round one!
    But we'll dance in the dark and they'll play with our lives - David Bowie

Images

Looking forward to the next go around...thanks.

Images

Hope my feedback has been helpful, am happy to provide as much more as is necessary :)