What's new

Out of the mouths of babes....A 5 y old boy's sniff test of a couple creams

So I was in the shave den today (sniffing soaps :001_wub:) and my 5y old boy came up to me, so I thought I'd get him to blind sniff a few.

1st up....Razo Rock Classic.....Shakes his head "yes, I like that one"
2nd up, this is the funny one....QCS Cedarwood & Lemongrass.....Shakes his head "NO, is that one Stick? It smells so bad, it smells like a stick".

funny, I kind of like the Cedarwood & Lemongrass, but I guess it's more of a grown up scent, especially after smelling the sweet almond scent of RR Classic.

sorry, I just had to share that with you guys. The ones with younger "fun shavers" will probably get a kick out of it. I almost pee'd my pants :001_tongu

Perhaps he should be naming these things for us, so we don't get all these goof names. Instead, we'd have names like "Stick", "Cake", "Cookies", "Baking", "Flowers", and actually know what they smell like, instead of having to ask on B&B and still have no idea.

I might have to pull out a few more and get a few more responses.

STICK...it still cracks me up:a22:

Last edited:
get him to smell more and post the results. classic!

just did a few more, couldn't resist:

MdC - Fruit Loops
MWF - Blah!
QCS Briar - Yum! Black Cherry Cola (we drink this camping)
Tabac - Peeyuu, Yuck!
QCS Cayman - Baking
QCS Hanami - Cranberries

this is fun...I found a new use for our kids :001_tt2: don't tell CFS

i like his descriptions better than the official QSC descriptions. based on his impressions i would have picked those scents in my sampler instead of the ones i chose. i thought the Cayman smelled like those red hot cinnamon candies, and it had grown on me!

fwiw, i love the performance of the QCS creams now that i dialed in the right amount of water, but most of the scents just aren't my thing. not saying they are bad at all, just not my cup of tea. my brother just got his sampler and said one of them smelled like 'meat seasoning'. granted we are both in our 30's but still act like kids! maybe we aren't mature enough for these scents.

Last edited:
i like his descriptions better than the official QSC descriptions. based on his impressions i would have picked those scents in my sampler instead of the ones i chose. i thought the Cayman smelled like those red hot cinnamon candies, and it had grown on me!

fwiw, i love the performance of the QCS creams now that i dialed in the right amount of water, but most of the scents just aren't my thing. not saying they are bad at all, just not my cup of tea. my brother just got his sampler and said one of them smelled like 'meat seasoning'. granted we are both in our 30's but still act like kids!

Mmmmm, Meat Seasoning. Does that come in a soap too?

I really have no idea why companies try to come up with all these fancy names. For the most part, if they'd call it "Fruit Loops" i'd know what it smelled like. Stick, same thing.

I spend as much time picking out which mfg to buy from, as i do trying to decipher their scent names.

That is great. This could be a new idea. I teach at an elementary school, and kids are unbelievably honest. I came to school one day with my head shaved and received multiple comments about how weird and horrible I looked!

At least we can get straight forward answers!

Your child should do scent descriptions for websites, these are so much easier to decifer! Post more please!:thumbup:

Can't see that myself. Fruit loops! Can you still get them? Doesnt smell like that to me. Wow takes me back. I remember when I was about 10 getting them from the sweet shop in little 2oz pick n mix bags along with Black Jacks, Poor Bens, aniseed balls, sour plums, flying suacers and cherry bootlaces!

Can't see that myself. Fruit loops! Can you still get them? Doesnt smell like that to me. Wow takes me back. I remember when I was about 10 getting them from the sweet shop in little 2oz pick n mix bags along with Black Jacks, Poor Bens, aniseed balls, sour plums, flying suacers and cherry bootlaces!

Yeah they're still around. I might have to stop by grocery store tomorrow to smell one. I'll just say I'm seeing if I'll like MdC :001_tt2:

If I remember right, they were pretty much the same as fruit gums but with a hole in the middle!

I remember sharing gobstoppers with my friends - everyone would take turns sucking them! Aint little boys disgusting?

Got a yearning for some cherry bootlaces and Pontefract cakes now!!

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My 7 year old said cella smelled like "candy", Tabac was just a "no", and Lilac Veg. was "Vanilla and gross"

Top Bottom