Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Traveling Box No.5!

Thanks for playing Mark, great comments as always!
    Brendan

Love the wild stallion!
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Love the wild stallion!
    Yes, unbelievable really!

Now, how much do I hate cubic weight?

The actually contents of the box weigh 2.6kg. A decent box and the weight is still under 3kg BUT.....

The smallest box I can fit this stuff into is around 4kg in cubic weight. Still better than the 5kg+ in the old box but still frustrating.

If you take the measurements at 37 x 32 x 10 you are fine, 38 x 33 x 10 and you are into the 4 -5 kg territory.

Anyway, in a new box tightly packed with foam on top and bottom it will be off tomorrow. You can check out a pic of the packed box here and the contents about to go in (and upside down) here.
    "I love the smell of rhodium in the morning" - Shavepocalypse Now (with apologies to Francis Ford Coppola)
    For all things OZ: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Australia

Images

Well played, that man!
    David

Images

Well the box is on its way!

Tracking number 830264966091 for those who want to watch it wing its way northbound via the AusPost site.

I've affixed the address label with 'Magic' tape so while secure during transit it should peel off easily on arrival without leaving marks so the box can stay in once piece a little longer.

Have fun DrB!!!!
    "I love the smell of rhodium in the morning" - Shavepocalypse Now (with apologies to Francis Ford Coppola)

Fantastic! Thanks Mark, sorry the box didn't light up your world.
    Brendan

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bjh618 View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks Mark, sorry the box didn't light up your world.
    Brendan,

It was great a chance to try stuff I wouldn't have otherwise had the opportunity too - what the box is all about!

Thanks for organising

Good stuff! Thanks Mark!

Personally I love reading descriptive reviews, even when the products aren't leaving a stunning impression on the reviewer. A lot of these products I'm not familiar with, so even exposure by proxy is good. And it all builds the suspense...

Ann first lot of reviews and I can't wait for it to be my turn. I'm so excited but how am I going to use all these products in just 7 days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lexbomb View Post
    ... I'm so excited but how am I going to use all these products in just 7 days!
    You won't use them all in 7 days BUT:

'5. The box can be kept for 1 week, please do not exceed 2 weeks.'

So you might have a little more time that just 7 days. There is also bound to be stuff you have tried or you open up and decide you don't even want to try. if all else fails there might be Round 6!

I 'love' Auspost tracking too - basically useless. It is still showing the box as being at my post office!

Exactly as Mark said! Some people will have tried most things so will pass it on within the week. Others may have tried nothing, in which case they may spend 10 days or so with the box.

The key is to strike a balance between people enjoying the box and posting their opinions and keeping it moving so everyone gets it within a reasonable timeframe.

Also, note the rule allowing you to swap out items from the box! In the first installment I tried arko for the first time, loved it and swapped it out for something (I think a tube of Derby lemon and a tube of derby menthol cream).
    Brendan

Images

Well, according to Australia Post it has been delivered -28/03/12 12:45!

Looking forward to some reviews now....

Images

Finally, took possession of the box this morning!!!! Can't wait to get it home and see what's new this round :).

Nice packaging Mark, I like the BB travelling box label you made.

Images

You've had the box almost an hour now... Where is the review? :p

Quote Originally Posted by DrBerko View Post
    Finally, took possession of the box this morning!!!! Can't wait to get it home and see what's new this round :).

Nice packaging Mark, I like the BB travelling box label you made.
    Post 1 updated

Thanks Luc.
    Brendan

Images

http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/sh...original=1&c=3

1st shave with the box this morning. The box has grown substantially since the last round - so much choice. There are some nice samples of Edwin Jagger creams and balms. Decided to give the Sandalwood a try. I do not use balms normally so I looked elsewhere for my post shave product and decided on the Pinaud Clubmam.
    The EJ cream was nice, very slick, easy to lather. The scent was very subtle but pleasant enough. Generally with creams I really enjoy a nice whiff of scent when lathering and shaving - sort of aroma therapy during a shave. So that was the only thing missing for me. For those living in Brisvegas the Shaver Shop in the Myers Centre stocks a full range of EJ creams, balms, bowls and razors.

Now onto the Clubmam. Never tried this before, felt nice going on, no real sting or burn. The scent did not really change for me after putting it on but did get powdery after a short while. So the scent, I am as bad as most at describing scents, but Clubmam is easy because to me it smells like a toned done version of Brut 33 - let the debate begin,but honestly this is what the scent reminds me of. I have never been a big fan of Brut, but with some of the advertising I have seen recently we could see a new generation of Brut users. For me I can't get past the the very 70's disco image Brut has to me, white flared trousers, unbuttoned shirts, mullet etc. I will leave others to enjoy this "Barbershop classic".

For the last box I decided to keep the brush, razor and blade constant. Decidedly on a different approach this time and will choose whatever takes my fancy. Today was my rebadged TH Rooney, red tip with Feather.

Cheers.
    Last edited by DrBerko; 03-30-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Images

Great review!

Not sure about Clubman and Brutt 33 although I steer clear of the latter on principle. This could be controversial!

The EJ Sea Buckthorn is my favourite. I haven't tried the sandalwood but have some to give a burl sometime - maybe soon now.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Images

Looking through the box this arvo, I noticed a few Gems. Literally! There are a couple of GEM single edge blades - can anyone confirm that these are the real deal (not the scrapper blades).

I own 2 GEM razors that I have never used because I have never been able get blades for them (I have never tried very hard though). I think I may have found tomorrow's razor and blade.