What's new

Marriage advice please.

The wife already thinks this obsession is out of hand. Well, there I was, about to start my second pass with Aqua di Parma (quickly becoming my top candidate for the most over-rated product in the universe- but I like the scent...) and my wife walks in with a cup of coffee.

Now, I love the smell of a freshly brewed cup but it absolutely interfered with my ADP scent explosion. So, what to do? "Dear, please don't drink coffee while I'm shaving?". I don't think so.

I suspect this is a no win scenario, so I'm just venting to those who might understand.

(but tomorrow it's Nancy Boy. I may have to take a stand.......)

Thanks for listening.

The wife already thinks this obsession is out of hand. Well, there I was, about to start my second pass with Aqua di Parma (quickly becoming my top candidate for the most over-rated product in the universe- but I like the scent...) and my wife walks in with a cup of coffee.

Now, I love the smell of a freshly brewed cup but it absolutely interfered with my ADP scent explosion. So, what to do? "Dear, please don't drink coffee while I'm shaving?". I don't think so.

I suspect this is a no win scenario, so I'm just venting to those who might understand.

(but tomorrow it's Nancy Boy. I may have to take a stand.......)

Thanks for listening.

Hope you enjoy the dog house...

yeah that was just silly. But I ask why is your wife in the bathroom drinking coffee anyway. I just lock the door

This isnt the Star Trek Kobayashi Maru no-win situation - there are two correct answers:

1) Gently, but firmly, ask that your wife to refrain from entering the shave chamber until you emerge
a) This may result in a week to a month of monk-like silence and celibacy

2) Suppress the biological imperative to protect your territory, plaster a smile to your lather coated face, and cheerily greet her with a "G'morning sweetie"
a) This will result in a momentary tweak to your manly urges, but result in long term domestic harmony - which allows you to acquire add'l products for your den

We may freely chest thump and grunt in the relative safety of these forums, but in the real world we do what we have to do.....

Either live with it, change your bathroom schedule or build a second bathroom. Somethings are worth fighting for, this isn't one of them.

Yeah, what we need is more coffee flavored shaving soap, dark roast, Blue Mountain, chickory added, cappuccino, Hazelnut, French roast; yeah, I could add another dozen tubs of soap....make them heavy scented to cover up all those warning farts
ken

This isnt the Star Trek Kobayashi Maru no-win situation - there are two correct answers:

1) Gently, but firmly, ask that your wife to refrain from entering the shave chamber until you emerge
a) This may result in a week to a month of monk-like silence and celibacy

2) Suppress the biological imperative to protect your territory, plaster a smile to your lather coated face, and cheerily greet her with a "G'morning sweetie"
a) This will result in a momentary tweak to your manly urges, but result in long term domestic harmony - which allows you to acquire add'l products for your den

We may freely chest thump and grunt in the relative safety of these forums, but in the real world we do what we have to do.....

+1

Why not just tell her that your shaving doesn't concern her one bit, that its time for yourself. Tell her that you don't bother her when shes doing her makeup. Unless you do, and that could be another rant.

I think you have a wonderful opportunity here. If she gets to come watch you shave, you should get to watch her shave. Then she might need some help, and since you are more comfortable with your brush & DE, you would of course use it. Which would lead to her getting the addiction once she tries your brush & DE. Which would lead to more stuff and more joint shaves. (The other activities it leads to are better suited for other forums.)
Johnnie

When she walks in, give her a big kiss with your face full of lather. It'll get all over her and she'll think twice about interrupting again! Or maybe she'll really understand your obsession with shaving once she gets the chance to experience a good lather :001_tt2:

A quarter century of marriage experience here....

I'm certain her motivation for coming into the bathroom while you shave was not to disrupt the shaving lotion aroma- she probably either wanted to watch you shave or talk to you. Take this as an opportunity to share your shave experience- say "Come here and smell this lather, honey- it's wonderful".... I don't think I'd take the chance of insulting her by telling her you don't want her in there with coffee while you shave.

Yeah, what we need is more coffee flavored shaving soap, dark roast, Blue Mountain, chickory added, cappuccino, Hazelnut, French roast; yeah, I could add another dozen tubs of soap....make them heavy scented to cover up all those warning farts
ken

Make it happen buddy I am in!

You could always squeeze a warning fart. That should teach her good manners. Apologize later. Always be kind.

NICE!:9898::lol::lol::lol:

Either live with it, change your bathroom schedule or build a second bathroom. Somethings are worth fighting for, this isn't one of them.

+1
I can't wait to have a second bathroom so I don't have to wake up extra early just to make sure I have time to shower and shave the way I want to. I am the one that has recently changed my morning routine, so I am the one that had to change my morning schedule.

Top Bottom