What's new

1st Muhle R41 Shave!!

Hello all, I thought that I would share my first experience whielding this R41 on today's shave.

The morning started the same as usual with an invigorating facial cleansing in the shower anticipating the amazing shave to come. I had opened the razor just before showering and the expert craftmanship along with glowing chrome plating danced around my mind, visualizing an epic outcome. Once out, I started lathering my TOBS cream and the essence of sandalwood filled the air. The scent was so bold, so powerful, I felt the very presence of King Leonidus himself circulating through my veins. I was ready for battle, and the same fierceness that drove the 300 against the Persians fueled my hatred towards the enemy whiskers. I planed out my attack strategy and went to work, with no fear in my heart. When I looked up, instead of seeing a blood bathed battlefield, all I saw were the lifeless corpses of my foe. The day was over and the victorious stand, but like a wild animal that tastes flesh for the first time, I am hungry for more.

In all seriousness, the razor is fantastic and will give you the best shave, if you learn to use it. Great day!

Thanks for reading,

Nico

Given the number that keep appearing on the BST I'd say they are the Persians getting slaughtered by the R41. So many seem to have fought with it and lost.

Given the number that keep appearing on the BST I'd say they are the Persians getting slaughtered by the R41. So many seem to have fought with it and lost.

That's not what this poll shows. Of course, it has relatively few respondents and is just a snapshot in time.

But the R41 will never have universal appeal. It's a niche product, for people who want and enjoy an aggressive shave. If you're in that group, or think you might be, then my mantra is: Give it time. The R41 rewards patience.

Also, an essential part of the process is to find the blade(s) that work best for you with this razor. The R41 likes a sharp blade. Although there are half a dozen or so blades that work well for me in the R41, in the last couple of weeks I've rediscovered Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharps (green label, made in India). The R41 gives me an unbelievably close, irritation-free shave with a Green. But the point is to find the blade that works best for you.

Last edited:
I had my first R41 shave this morning too .. I got up earlier than usual to allow extra time - glad I did as this is a rewarding yet unforgiving razor! If you slipped it would shave your teeth out so go easy. However - 14 hours later and I can just feel a little micro stubble on my chin but it's totally smooth everywhere else (unusually for me). IMHO too many have got overly scientific with blade/head angle .. gentle experimentation soon revealed the sweet spot .. I do confess to a couple of weepers but, on balance, I reckon I won the battle. The razor came with a derby, which I used (I guessed that if the manufacturer supplied it it would be a good bet) although I notice pretty much everyone else uses something different - how have others got on with a derby in the R41?

Top Bottom