What's new

Lime: Castle Forbes, Trumpers or Truefitt & Hill?

Which Lime Shaving Cream?

• Castle Forbes Lime

• Geo F. Trumpers Extract of Limes

• Truefitt & Hill West Indian Lime

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've used all three of these in sample form at one point, but it's been so long I can't remember which one I liked best! To my memory they were all good, with the true lime scent edge going to CF. As for efficacy, I don't remember! I think they all worked well!

I'm buying one of the 3. I really want to put my awesome scuttle to work and I miss not having a lime option around. All 3 are about the same price.

So which would you choose? Help remind me of their differences, strengths and weaknesses before I buy!

Thanks!

I've only tried GFT and T&H Limes, but given the way the CF Lavender that I tried performed, I would go the CF route!

Thanks you guys! Pretty overwhelming results there aren't they? Well to be honest CF was the one I was leaning to from the beginning, but I had to think it through and get some advice. I think what sold me for sure was the ingredients lists when I searched them out. Essentially the same with a couple notable differences. The big one is CF uses pure lime essential oil for scenting, whereas the T's use "parfum" or fragrance. Another thing is the extra junk in these. All three have a few parabens listed, pretty much the same ones too, but the T's also had all these other things with C's and #'s, and stuff like Yellow Dye #5. You know what they say about that stuff!

So, to sum up, Castle Forbes seems to be a purer shaving cream be my reckoning, and though I'm not nutty about stuff like that, it's enough to sway me for certain this time! Purchase made! Thanks again!

+1

CF can be had for free 2 day shipping from Amazon Prime. I think my tub is going to last me well over a year - you really just need the tiniest amount possible to create copious amounts of lather.

That's where I bought it! I had $30 in Amazon gift cards so I used them up and only paid $9 for it. They charge $38.95 for it on Amazon, a bit more than the going rate of $38. They make up that free two day shipping a bit on some items!

Haven't tried T&H Limes, so I won't vote, but have tried quite a few lime scents over the years and CF wins in both scent and performance. GFT Limes ain't bad, in fact it's damn good. It's just that CF is so great.

B

bAkewelle

Never tried Castle Forbes Lime but I heard it's stronger and I want it stronger than T&H Lime

Top Bottom