Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Organic after shave?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    654

    Default Organic after shave?

    I was wondering if anyone knew of any organic after shave? The wife and I have been getting into going completely organic lately and it would be nice to have an organic after shave.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    654
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Ok. Anyone know of any all natural after shaves. I need something and want to try and not have all kinds of chemicals on my newly shaved skin.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,084
    Images
    5

    Default

    Witch hazel is very good for an AS and it isn't loaded w/ chemicals. I like the thayer's line (particularly the original and rose...my skin reacts badly to the lavender). My wife claims that even these have too many chemicals...but she offers no alternatives other than not using aftershave which is not really an alternative.

    Lucky Tiger makes an organic aftershave that folks rave about...I haven't gotten to try it yet personally, but again, I've heard nothing but great things about it. Make sure it is this one (as there are other ones out there that I don't think are the same thing). You can get this one from Nordstroms (though I have checked 2 stores and they don't have it in store...might have to be ordered). Can you tell I really want to try this stuff?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    3,080
    Images
    14

    Default

    Someone on SMF recommended thishttp://www.eoproducts.com/shopping?re=product&productCategoryID-2&name=Body%20Lotion&size=8%20oz#" as moisturizer. I have ordered some to try out as ASB/moisturizer. Might be worth checking out.

    UPDATE: Sorry the link did not go directly thru to the product -- look under the body lotions (8 oz size). That is what I ordered to try out.

    Chris
    Last edited by alabamalawyer; 10-05-2007 at 11:59 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    654
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Thanks. I was hoping there was something out there.I have organic soap but could not find organic after shave.By the way the organic soap was from woodsprite.I am not sure of the exact website. I will have to ask my wife. She bought it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Flanders, Belgium, Western Europe
    Posts
    3,431
    Images
    13

    Default

    Weleda makes an all organic ASB and AS. Decent products. The ASB is reviewed in, well eeeh... the review section.

    'All natural' = a.o. Speick AS. reviewed as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    654
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Sounds good. You know nowadays we are exposed to too many chemicals as it is. Who knows what half of this stuff can do to you. That is one reason why I am going back to the old ways. Shaving, etc.. Look at what is happening to the world nowadays. Global warming, etc.. all in the name of progress.I think our forefathers had it right to begin with. All natural products. None of these laboratory created chemicals and such. We are only hurting ourselves. You know.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    101
    Images
    14

    Default There are some good European AS

    MADE IN GERMANY
    Weleda AS splash and AS balm are testified organic.
    Speick is natural, not exactly testified organic, but OK. Nice. I use it.
    Lavera AS splash and balm are testified organic.
    Olivia After shave cream is excellent. I use it. Organic handmade. Their shaving soaps have been reviewed here (see Reviews)

    MADE IN ENGLAND
    Trevarno Organic Men's Facial Moisturiser (AS cream). Testified. Nice product. I use it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    1,487
    Images
    16

    Default

    Not sure if it's organic but it's all-natural - Mama Bear's Summer a/s.
    Pretty much just hydrosols, witch hazel, aloe, glycerin and EO's.
    --Dusty R.DW.HAHB.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,782

    Default

    The Lucky Tiger is top notch

  11. #11

    Default

    Aubrey Organics is another one to try. I use the North Woods splash, myself.
    - Jeremy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    21,192
    Images
    1766

    Default

    Jason Skin and Beard Therapy. It's cheap and it's good.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas, of coarse!
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Their is a company called Arbonne, they make alot of organic stuff. They sent me a sample of alot of their stuff and I will say it is top knotch. I didn't care too much for their shaving gel, and didn't get a sample of their aftershave balm, but I imagine it is worth trying. The shaving cream is a brushless type and I didn't find it to be protective enough. It is pretty slick though. I do like their shampoo and conditioner, I cannot access their website from over here, just do a google search and you will find them.

  14. #14
    JennGa

    Default I make it

    Edit: You'll have to register as a vendor to discuss your products.
    Last edited by ouch; 03-03-2011 at 07:14 AM.

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelskar View Post
    Witch hazel is very good for an AS and it isn't loaded w/ chemicals. I like the thayer's line (particularly the original and rose...my skin reacts badly to the lavender). My wife claims that even these have too many chemicals...but she offers no alternatives other than not using aftershave which is not really an alternative.

    Lucky Tiger makes an organic aftershave that folks rave about...I haven't gotten to try it yet personally, but again, I've heard nothing but great things about it. Make sure it is this one (as there are other ones out there that I don't think are the same thing). You can get this one from Nordstroms (though I have checked 2 stores and they don't have it in store...might have to be ordered). Can you tell I really want to try this stuff?
    Witch hazel, like everything else you will find is 100% chemicals.

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merkurguy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any organic after shave? The wife and I have been getting into going completely organic lately and it would be nice to have an organic after shave.
    I'm not sure what you mean by organic. Presumably you could make an aftershave from ingredients (alcohol, essential oils etc) derived from organically grown plants. From a commercial standpoint, I'm not sure if there are any denatured alcohols where the denaturent is from organically grown sources, so that might be a problem. You might find it hard to locate things like organic witch hazel, West Indian Bay etc. What about glycerin? It is derived from fats, and you might find some that is derived from organically grown plants, but would the process of separating the glycerin from the triglycerid be considered organic?
    Last edited by fccexpert; 03-02-2011 at 08:00 AM.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merkurguy View Post
    Sounds good. You know nowadays we are exposed to too many chemicals as it is. Who knows what half of this stuff can do to you. That is one reason why I am going back to the old ways. Shaving, etc.. Look at what is happening to the world nowadays. Global warming, etc.. all in the name of progress.I think our forefathers had it right to begin with. All natural products. None of these laboratory created chemicals and such. We are only hurting ourselves. You know.
    You are aware that everything is 100% chemicals, right?

  18. #18

    Default

    http://www.drugstore.com/aubrey-orga...ch=after+shave

    I just got a bottle. Not sure how much I like it

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    485

    Default

    along with Aubrey Organics, you can find Bull Dog skincare products at Whole Foods. Bulldog has a balm that appears to be "natural" (i.e., no artificial fragrances, colors, or parabens). It works well, but I don't like the patchouli scent.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was America!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southest USA
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    After reading some of this I feel much better now because I know that no "natural" stuff can hurt me or kill me.

Similar Threads

  1. Herban Cowboy "Natural Organic" Shave Soap
    By farangzookzon in forum Shaving Soaps
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 05:49 PM
  2. The Soap Opera's Organic Shea Butter & White Tea Shave Cream
    By Neurotopia in forum Shaving Creams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 09:56 AM
  4. Organic Shea Butter Shave Cream
    By Wishoot in forum Shaving Creams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.