Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organic after shave?

Default Organic after shave?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any organic after shave? The wife and I have been getting into going completely organic lately and it would be nice to have an organic after shave.

Ok. Anyone know of any all natural after shaves. I need something and want to try and not have all kinds of chemicals on my newly shaved skin.

Images

Witch hazel is very good for an AS and it isn't loaded w/ chemicals. I like the thayer's line (particularly the original and rose...my skin reacts badly to the lavender). My wife claims that even these have too many chemicals...but she offers no alternatives other than not using aftershave which is not really an alternative.

Lucky Tiger makes an organic aftershave that folks rave about...I haven't gotten to try it yet personally, but again, I've heard nothing but great things about it. Make sure it is this one (as there are other ones out there that I don't think are the same thing). You can get this one from Nordstroms (though I have checked 2 stores and they don't have it in store...might have to be ordered). Can you tell I really want to try this stuff?

Images

Someone on SMF recommended thishttp://www.eoproducts.com/shopping?re=product&productCategoryID-2&name=Body%20Lotion&size=8%20oz#" as moisturizer. I have ordered some to try out as ASB/moisturizer. Might be worth checking out.

UPDATE: Sorry the link did not go directly thru to the product -- look under the body lotions (8 oz size). That is what I ordered to try out.

Chris
    Last edited by alabamalawyer; 10-05-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks. I was hoping there was something out there.I have organic soap but could not find organic after shave.By the way the organic soap was from woodsprite.I am not sure of the exact website. I will have to ask my wife. She bought it.

Images

Weleda makes an all organic ASB and AS. Decent products. The ASB is reviewed in, well eeeh... the review section.

'All natural' = a.o. Speick AS. reviewed as well.

Sounds good. You know nowadays we are exposed to too many chemicals as it is. Who knows what half of this stuff can do to you. That is one reason why I am going back to the old ways. Shaving, etc.. Look at what is happening to the world nowadays. Global warming, etc.. all in the name of progress.I think our forefathers had it right to begin with. All natural products. None of these laboratory created chemicals and such. We are only hurting ourselves. You know.

Images

Default There are some good European AS

MADE IN GERMANY
    Weleda AS splash and AS balm are testified organic.
    Speick is natural, not exactly testified organic, but OK. Nice. I use it.
    Lavera AS splash and balm are testified organic.
    Olivia After shave cream is excellent. I use it. Organic handmade. Their shaving soaps have been reviewed here (see Reviews)

MADE IN ENGLAND
    Trevarno Organic Men's Facial Moisturiser (AS cream). Testified. Nice product. I use it.

Images

Not sure if it's organic but it's all-natural - Mama Bear's Summer a/s.
    Pretty much just hydrosols, witch hazel, aloe, glycerin and EO's.
    --Dusty R.DW.HAHB.

The Lucky Tiger is top notch

Aubrey Organics is another one to try. I use the North Woods splash, myself.
    - Jeremy

Images

Jason Skin and Beard Therapy. It's cheap and it's good.

Their is a company called Arbonne, they make alot of organic stuff. They sent me a sample of alot of their stuff and I will say it is top knotch. I didn't care too much for their shaving gel, and didn't get a sample of their aftershave balm, but I imagine it is worth trying. The shaving cream is a brushless type and I didn't find it to be protective enough. It is pretty slick though. I do like their shampoo and conditioner, I cannot access their website from over here, just do a google search and you will find them.

JennGa

Default I make it

Edit: You'll have to register as a vendor to discuss your products.
    Last edited by ouch; 03-03-2011 at 07:14 AM.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by michaelskar View Post
    Witch hazel is very good for an AS and it isn't loaded w/ chemicals. I like the thayer's line (particularly the original and rose...my skin reacts badly to the lavender). My wife claims that even these have too many chemicals...but she offers no alternatives other than not using aftershave which is not really an alternative.

Lucky Tiger makes an organic aftershave that folks rave about...I haven't gotten to try it yet personally, but again, I've heard nothing but great things about it. Make sure it is this one (as there are other ones out there that I don't think are the same thing). You can get this one from Nordstroms (though I have checked 2 stores and they don't have it in store...might have to be ordered). Can you tell I really want to try this stuff?
    Witch hazel, like everything else you will find is 100% chemicals.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by merkurguy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any organic after shave? The wife and I have been getting into going completely organic lately and it would be nice to have an organic after shave.
    I'm not sure what you mean by organic. Presumably you could make an aftershave from ingredients (alcohol, essential oils etc) derived from organically grown plants. From a commercial standpoint, I'm not sure if there are any denatured alcohols where the denaturent is from organically grown sources, so that might be a problem. You might find it hard to locate things like organic witch hazel, West Indian Bay etc. What about glycerin? It is derived from fats, and you might find some that is derived from organically grown plants, but would the process of separating the glycerin from the triglycerid be considered organic?
    Last edited by fccexpert; 03-02-2011 at 08:00 AM.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by merkurguy View Post
    Sounds good. You know nowadays we are exposed to too many chemicals as it is. Who knows what half of this stuff can do to you. That is one reason why I am going back to the old ways. Shaving, etc.. Look at what is happening to the world nowadays. Global warming, etc.. all in the name of progress.I think our forefathers had it right to begin with. All natural products. None of these laboratory created chemicals and such. We are only hurting ourselves. You know.
    You are aware that everything is 100% chemicals, right?

http://www.drugstore.com/aubrey-orga...ch=after+shave

I just got a bottle. Not sure how much I like it

along with Aubrey Organics, you can find Bull Dog skincare products at Whole Foods. Bulldog has a balm that appears to be "natural" (i.e., no artificial fragrances, colors, or parabens). It works well, but I don't like the patchouli scent.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was America!

After reading some of this I feel much better now because I know that no "natural" stuff can hurt me or kill me.