What's new

The many, lesser-known Aristocrat varieties

Attachments

• $Capture.JPG
    $Capture.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 183
I have 2 questions...
First - Is the Red Tip truly an Aristocrat? I know the TTO Aristocrat's came out in 1934, but I thought the Red, Blue, Black were all part of the SS family?
Second - Why did Gillette put out another line of Aristocrats (1934) with the same name as the older 1920's model?

I think the OP had tongue-in-cheek when he posted these photos from less-than-knowledgeable eBay sellers. Neither one of these is an Aristocrat, but they're in Aristocrat cases. :001_rolle

I have 2 questions...
Second - Why did Gillette put out another line of Aristocrats (1934) with the same name as the older 1920's model?

Gillette really liked the Aristocrat name. They used it for everything from a 1916 Old Type to a '67 gold-plated adjustable, and everything in between.

I think they may have just stuck that name on whatever their most expensive razor was at any given time.

Gillette really liked the Aristocrat name. They used it for everything from a 1916 Old Type to a '67 gold-plated adjustable, and everything in between.

I think they may have just stuck that name on whatever their most expensive razor was at any given time.

Kind of like when Dodge brought back the Charger name, but put it on a four-door sedan.

And I apologize for putting eggs on anyones face... honestly it IS hard to keep track of all the various Aristocrat varieties without Achim's site/Krumholz/Waits.

Top Bottom