What's new

Razor head feels like it was "sticky" while making second pass.....why?

It felt like the razor head was sticking to my face and skipping over my face. Not the blade dragging but the actual polished top part. It only happened on my second pass XTG after most of my beard was gone already. My first guess is that my lather wasn't up to par. I used my sample of DRH Marlborough from Garry for the first time. I made a couple of batches of lather before I took a shower just to see how it whips up and the lather looked to be fine. At least no different looking than my normal soap, Tabac. I ended up just using short strokes to counteract the sticky feeling. My face feels fine, no irritation or anything. Just wondering what causes this and how to fix it.

make sure when you rinse between passes you keep your face wet when you re-lather. the interesting thing is when i first started using my DE89 it felt like the head of the razor was sticking to my face, no matter what soap or cream i used, but never had the problem with the Merkur HD or the Gillette SS. Because of the sticking I cut myself a couple times and gave the razor the finger and put it in the drawer for a while. I recently gave it another shot and now it's my #1! since I have only been at this for a couple months I am guessing my blade angle was off when I was using the DE89.

Between passes, I rinse with hot water and then lather again. I will have to wait til my next shave to see if it happens again with the marlborough.

Top Bottom