What's new

The best Shaving creams/soaps for sensitive skin.

Good day friends,

Again just a request for your thoughts on the best products out there for particularly sensitive skin.
I hear TOBS Sensitive and Jermyn Street (black tub) rate very highly?

Thank you,

Ct Petherington Fletcher.

I have found AOS unscented soaps and creams, MB unscented soaps, and Cella soap to benefit those with sensitive skin. BTW, many shavers think they have sensitive skin while the real culprit is they put too much pressure, on the blade, do not use the pro[per blade angle, or do too many passes - or any combination of the three!

I have somewhat sensitive skin and have learned over time what bOthers me and what doesent. In spite of this, Every once in a while I have a bad shave and end up with a sore face. When this happens I use a an uber lather for a few days and it always works wonders for me. I mix the Proraso soap in the white tub, with Omega shave cream and add 3 drops of glycerin. Might not work for everyone but it works for me.

you may want to check out Kiss My Face shaving creams, no SLS or parabens and comes in a variety of scents as well as a fragrance free

MWF is great. I use the left over lather to wash the rest of my face after a shave. If I'm not mistaken, it was originally formulated with sensitive skin in mind.

La Toja Sensitive, LEA Sensitive & Arko Extra Sensitive Shave Creams. Klar Seifn, Haslinger Aloe or Dr. Dittmar Shave Soaps.

I'll second Cella as relatively benign. Oddly enough Williams doesn't irritate my skin either but most do.

you may want to check out Kiss My Face shaving creams, no SLS or parabens and comes in a variety of scents as well as a fragrance free

+1 on KMF. A tube is $4.99 and a large container is $7.95. AND... the best thing is that there is probably a store nearby that will have it in stock so not big shipping charge to try it out.

http://www.kissmyface.com/product/search

Stick your zip code into the store locator to find a store that carries it near you

http://www.kissmyface.com/store

Besides Williams the only thing my DAD Shaved with was Noxzema I do not have that problem but do like tabac the best Good Luck
Enjoy Your Shave !

I don't have sensitive skin so I don't know how this actually works for sensitive skin, but I really like TOBS Jermyn St. Used it yesterday and the lather overflowed my bowl. For me it's a really nice cream. I'd try to find some folks with sensitive skin and see what they think of it.

What are the best scents?

What is "best" to someone is all personal preference. I like the smell of the veg but others will gag and toss it out without even using it.

I have 3 KMF frags. Lavender, Key Lime, and Pomegranate/grapefruit. Of those Key Lime is the nicest to me, followed by Lavender but you may think one of the others smells nicer.

They do have an unscented one if you can't make up your mind.

I'll go a different route, those that seem most likely to cause irritation for me.

Speick stick - I don't use this if I had any irritation on the previous shave, as it will cause irritation before I put a blade to my face. I do like it, and use it, but it can cause irritation.

Italian soaps - (with the classic almond scent) a lot of people are sensitive to the artificial almond scent - me included. I've got some razorock non-almond coming to try .

MWF - Although I don't have a problem with it, there are a lot who do. Some think the lanolin is the culprit, but I'm guessing many of those who are irritated by it are sensitive to the perfume or some other ingredient, as many are OK with Musago Real cream which also has lanolin.

Proraso, Col. Conk, & VDH - some people find that they are sensitive to Parabens, SLS detergent & menthol.

Any soap with a really strong scent (Mamma bear, and the other melt & pour soaps often contain fairly heavy scents - a drawing point for those who like them.) Many, like Mamma Bear, also offer their soaps in an un-scented version, which should eliminate any possible sensitivity to the often strong EOs and FOs in many of these soaps.

Don't laugh--Dr Hunter's Barber Shop Shave Cream from Caswell Massey is really a brushless cream that is very good if you have sensitive skin. Thick, cushiony, slick-it leaves my face conditioned with a close shave. Using a brush as they suggest is useless. You can play with the water ratio very easily to adjust slickness, etc. Right now it is on sale for 7.99 for the large jar on the CWM website.

Top Bottom