What's new

What Merkur model is this?

Yeah, he doesn't lather properly and he wrongly calls it stainless steel, but there's some good reasoning in here for switching from carts to safety razors. Anyway, I've never seen that exact Merkur before. It's like the black handled ones from last year but with a matte grey finish instead. Handsome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kevan.. I did not see that model in there catalogue. The razor looks like there newer 20C and 30C models which has the black handle. The one in the video looks like them but without black paint.

Last edited:
the 20C......?! I appears to be a longer handle than the 30, but I havent' found that exact finish (but I know I've seen it somewhere.....other than the video):wink2:

No idea about the razor, but he's got an interesting technique both in terms of prep and shave. I think he would benefit from a venture onto this site

Attachments

• $wp730aa68d_05.jpg
    $wp730aa68d_05.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 69
Yeah that's what I thought, but perdsonally I've never seen one with a non-black handle. Have you guys?

Yep, that's my razor. I was accidentaly sent one of these from a seller on amazon when I ordered a different Merkur razor. It's my first and only razor (for now), but I'm really impressed by the both the quality of the razor as well as the quality of the shave.

Here's a pic of mine:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/273887-Checking-In?p=3814390&highlight=#post3814390

Wow. See, I wish the exact model number of that was known so people could order it and not just a 20c and end up receiving the black handled one (or like you, expecting a black one and receiving this matte grey one). If I ever bought another Merkur, it would be that one.

Top Bottom