What's new

What's your body wash or body bar of choice?

Would like some recommendations because I'm running out of my current american crew body wash and want to try something different because I didn't really like this one. What are you using on your epidermis? I'd prefer to try something with a more natural touch or isn't heavy on the sulfates and definitely something without alcohol in it.

I use Grandpa's Pine Tar soap but that's only because I have psoriasis on my face and it really helps with that.

Chagrin Valley are SUPERB and 100% natural without SLS and Whole Foods soaps are amazing too. If you have a Whole Foods in your area you can pick one out. Highly recommend CV or WF.

I'll give you a body wash AND body bar recommendation, on the house.

Nivea Sensitive is probably the best overall one I've found. It's not an herbal hippy body wash. But it gets the job done excellently, it barely has a smell so you don't have to worry about it interfering with other fragrances/smells, and its readily available and affordable so you won't go insane or bankrupt hunting it down.

As an added bonus the ones I've seen in the US are all either Made in Germany or Made in France. So while you may find stray sauerkraut or crêpes in it, you will not find arsenic and other strange poisons courtesy of sketchy production practices in developing countries.

Pack of 3 Nivea Sensitive at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Sensiti...O510/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328377885&sr=8-1

Otherwise if you do want to go slightly bankrupt and possibly slightly insane, for a marginally better product, I can't recommend Speick soaps enough! Wonderful smell, wonderful feel, and made in Germany. Again, it's not leagues ahead of Nivea Sensitive, but there's a small but noticeable improvement, and to me depending on the time of year, worth every penny especially for the scent.

Pack of 3 Speick Soap at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Speick-Soap-P...sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1328378056&sr=1-1

And just two more, still on the house. If you really do want to go the hippy herbal route Dr. Bronners Peppermint Castile Soap...is an experience to say the least. If you live in Europe/UK then try Original Source Mint and Tea Tree...for an even more intense...experience.

Last edited:
Nubian Heritage - bar soap, mild scent, great lather and no soap scum on the doors and walls since I started using it.

Another vote for Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. Made in the United States (California, specifically) with certified Fair Trade and Organic ingredients. (If that is important to you) The company provides excellent wages and benefits to its employees and donates a lot of money to many worthy causes. The Eucalyptus is my favorite, followed by by the Tea Tree and Almond.

I use Dove Men Care sensitive skin version. It's unscented (more like lightly scented) so it's not overwhelming and it's 'meh' on the moisturising side though.

still looking for a good moisturising unscented body wash...

Any of the Yardley bath bars will do you good. I've used the English Lavender and now I'm on a bar of Almond Oatmeal, and after that I've got Pomegranite Rose waiting in the wings.

Any of the Yardley bath bars will do you good. I've used the English Lavender and now I'm on a bar of Almond Oatmeal, and after that I've got Pomegranite Rose waiting in the wings.

I love the Yardley lavender. Pairs well with Speick stuff as well.

great suggestions, keep them coming. i'm looking into all of the products because i like discovering things i haven't heard or used before.

does anyone here use anything with 'dead sea' mud/minerals? i once purchased some dead sea mud to use as a mask on my face (felt really refreshing once you take it off and seems like it tightens the skin). i want to maybe try some body washes or soaps with them. i think i've found a brand that has good reviews and seems very reasonable priced for the dead sea products:

dead sea mud soap (7oz) - retails under $5 but cheapest i found is under $3:
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-28236...neral-bar-soap-rejuvenating-dead-sea-mud-7-oz

dead sea mud body wash with shea butter (12oz) - retails under $8 but again, here it's under $6:
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-25317...eral-body-wash-moisturizing-shea-butter-12-oz

shipping is about $6. i think this brand is also found at whole-foods so i could have a winner here for my personal preference as it's natural, affordable, and available online and possibly in-store.

Last edited:
Nubian Heritage - bar soap, mild scent, great lather and no soap scum on the doors and walls since I started using it.

+1 on Nubian Heritage, particularly the olive & green tea one.

Bath House spanish fig & nutmeg is exceptional if you don't mind spending more money.

Next on my list is Everyday Shea vanilla mint. Smelled it at Whole Foods the other day, and it rivals Aveda, but at 1/3 the price. They also have unscented.

Lately I have been using Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap for body and hair, though I did use a bar or two of Grandma's Lye Soap recently.

If you're looking for something more natural, Kiss My Face has an extensive lineup of Shower/Bath gels, hair care products and bar soaps. If you look out for their bonus size stuff, the price isn't bad either.

I've been using the RazoRock Artisan Bar Soaps for a few months. They are great. So far I've tried Sandalwood and Coconut, but I'm going to mix it up on my next order.

Billy Jealousy Ocean Front Body Wash. Once in awhile I'll try something new (I just ordered a tube of the Kiehl's Cross-Terrain All Over Wash), but I always eagerly come back to the Ocean Front. It's the best smelling stuff ever.

Attachments

• $billy-jealousy-ocean-front-body-wash.jpg
    $billy-jealousy-ocean-front-body-wash.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 624
Top Bottom