What's new

What's your body wash or body bar of choice?

I've been all over with soap from imported, artisanal, local, you name it. I settled in using Kirk's Castille but they jacked the price up slowly everytime I went to buy it (at least a 50% price increase over when I started) so now I just get whatever is on sale and/or have coupons. Lately it's been Dove and its regular or men's line. I don't like body washes, but for liquid soap I do like Dr. Bronners, especially the peppermint.

One more vote for the Dr. Bronners bar - I use the tea tree flavor.

I also like the Nubian heritage shea butter and frankincense bar

At the risk of TMI, I should mention another (admittedly anecdotal) perk of Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree scented Castille Soap: it clears up athlete's foot/jock itch quickly and naturally. (Apparently Tea Tree oil is a mild antimicrobial agent).

I used Lotrimin/clotrimazole before, and it works fine, to be sure. No skin irritation, either. But they were separate products, used as treatment and not preventative care, and the tubes were not all that cheap, to boot. DB's Tea Tree can both clear up existing itch AND act as a preventative product just through normal daily showering. A pretty nifty perk in a product I was going to use anyway!

I just started using the kirks castille, washing my face, hair, and body with it. Have to say I like it. I've an allergy or something that hits every now and then. It makes tiny pinpoint blisters come up on my hands and feet. They hurt and feel about a mile deep. I had some going on recently, and I started using kirks about three days ago. It was cleared up within a day. I don't know if it's the oils, or the lye based soap. What ever it is. It worked for me.

I use South of France bar soap. It is natural and vegan. The smells are wonderful, and it leaves me feeling moisturized.

http://www.goodhealthnaturalproducts.com/south-of-france/bar-soaps/

The South of France Shea Butter is my favorite bar soap. It's a French milled (milder & longer lasting) soap. My Shop-Rite supermarket carries the large bar and I've seen a 2 pack box of smaller bars in Walmart. I love the scent. My wife doesn't find it moisturizing enough, but it's fine for me. When my skin is particularly dry, I use Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash. I recently tried Tabac Bath Soap. Too drying for use in the shower, so I use it as a hand soap. And it smells like the shave soap.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Dr. Bronners
Yardley
Woody's All Natural Hair/Body/Shaving Soap (use to be called meat & potatoes)

My favorite soaps are the Dr. Bronners Castile Soaps. The peppermint is my fragrance of choice... very invigorating. This stuff isn't necessarily cheap either but not too expensive either ($5 a bar) but a bar lasts a long while. A plus of this stuff is it's all natural and biodegradable so if you are an outdoorsman, you could use this stuff camping too.

I'm using Trader Joe's honey and otmeal. It cost me two dollars for two bars, probably at about 5-6 oz each. They work really well and smell great, and use no animal ingredients or testing. If you're looking for something really reasonable and great, then look no further than generic Trader Joe's soaps.

I have been using a lot of QCS and like it a lot. I like the Razorock soaps and Mama Bears very much as well but if I had to pick a favorite it's QCS, particularly the Sandalwood scent and Clean Cotton scent. Somehow I missed the Vetiver on my last order, have a feeling that will be the new favorite once I try it because the shaving cream is so good.

Right now I'm using the Kiehl's Cross-Terrain All-In-One Refueling Wash and I love it. Nice sweet, minty, fresh scent and it doesn't dry me out at all. Great lather, too. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• $_6122025.jpg
    $_6122025.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 164
i came back to give my opinions on the 'one with nature' body wash + bar i wound up trying. the bar soap, which i use on my face only in the shower, is great. i previously made a thread on all the different things i was using for my facial routine and i substituted everything with just using the bar. it has done a good job and saved me a lot of time and money. the body wash is...ok. i don't get any red patches that I would normally get from scrubbing other body washes on me (i guess my skin is sensitive) so that's good but i feel i could do better. the body washes feel like they just clean the surface only and i don't feel a 'deep' clean using them. i am probably going to consider switching to the one with nature body bar (there's 2 different types) for my body as well so that i can use one strictly for face and one strictly for body. the 7oz size are hefty and should last a good while.

i came back to give my opinions on the 'one with nature' body wash + bar i wound up trying. the bar soap, which i use on my face only in the shower, is great. i previously made a thread on all the different things i was using for my facial routine and i substituted everything with just using the bar. it has done a good job and saved me a lot of time and money. the body wash is...ok. i don't get any red patches that I would normally get from scrubbing other body washes on me (i guess my skin is sensitive) so that's good but i feel i could do better. the body washes feel like they just clean the surface only and i don't feel a 'deep' clean using them. i am probably going to consider switching to the one with nature body bar (there's 2 different types) for my body as well so that i can use one strictly for face and one strictly for body. the 7oz size are hefty and should last a good while.

Try using a real bar soap (and NOT a commercial bar soap) on your body and watch the benefits accrue. You likely get red patches because of the detergents in body washes. Real soap is considerably better for your skin.

I use Dove Men Care sensitive skin version. It's unscented (more like lightly scented) so it's not overwhelming and it's 'meh' on the moisturising side though.

still looking for a good moisturising unscented body
wash...

Try the dove nutrium body wash unscented...seems to have better moisturising than dove for men. Might be marketed for women...but has No Scent at all....So

Top Bottom