What's new

What's your body wash or body bar of choice?

I'll add another vote for Nubian Heritage - I love the Indian Hemp and Haitian Vetiver.

My current favorite though is Mysore sandal soap.

For a bar soap I like Zirh bar soap. Nice scent and I can find them pretty cheap at my local Marshalls/TJ Max. For body wash I really like Dove for Men, good smell gets you clean and I can pick up a 3 pack at my local Costco for under $10.00...

I dislike Body Wash due to the chemical garbage in it.

I am presently in love with Yardley soaps. The Lavender is quite amazing. I am not much of a fan of the bars that have extras in them that make them gritty (Pomegranate Rose, Oatmeal).

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My dermatologist reconmended Cetaphil to me in 2007 for my dry and sensitive skin. I use it in the shower, as a twice daily face wash and I'm totally satisfied with the great results.
thumbsup.gif

proxy.php
"Everyone who's ever taken a shower has an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off and does something about it who makes a difference". Nolan Bushnell

attachment.php

Last edited:
Ive been using the QCS bath soaps here lately. They smell pretty dang good, and make you feel pretty dang clean.......They make one that smells EXACTLY like the old Bath & Body Works Woodland soap i used to use back in high school. Good Stuff. GB

Ivory Soap.

Why? Because Dial will not deodorize your body, Dove will not moisturize your body, and Irish Spring will not make you smell like a meadow. No more than shaving with AdP will make you smell like Colonia.

I have tried a ton of different bath soaps, and have found many that are outstanding. Top choice right now goes to Hugo Naturals soaps. Go to www.hugonaturals.com and pick a scent that appeals to you. Lather these with a loofah/pouf and you will find a shave-quality, fantastic lather that smells great and rinses off clean. Leaves your skin feeling great, too.

If you want to spend more bucks, try one of the Truefitt and Hill bath soaps. These are truly outstanding triple-milled soaps that last a long time and lather wonderfully. Pick one based on the scent of shaving cream you like, but be aware that the West Indian Limes bath soap smells 100 times better than the WIL shaving cream. Wonderful soaps.

Agree with the poster who said that if you have a Whole Foods nearby, you can get a nice Whole Foods soap in the scent of your choice. These are nice soaps, as well.

Finally, I just finished a bar of Nancy Boy Signature soap. Lasted about 5 months of daily use, made a nice, fragrant lather. Really a great soap.

I prefer soap bars. They seem to last longer and work better for me. I like Nancy Boy and Mama Bears quite a bit. I also like Pre de Provence and Yardley soaps. I usually have two or three that I rotate through.

I haven't used a ton, but so far my favorite bar is South of France Shea Butter. Great, mild scent...leaves skin feeling very nice.

Pre de Provence work well, smell great, and are widely available at HEB and Whole Foods. My absolute favorite is the AOS Tangerine bar but it can be costly and hard to find. The Mysore Sandalwood and the African Du Du Osun are fun to try as well.

right now i am in the middle of trying out the five for $20 from qcs before that i was using old spice red zone glacial falls i have about 10 bottles i picked up before it was discontinued

Years ago, my deodorant of preference ended up being Old Spice sport... and never looked back... then I started using various body soaps and again... tried a bunch and ended up with the Old Spice stuff yet again.

I'm now trying their fancy lines and the Denali has been very nice.

I've been making my own olive oil soap for a couple of years now and really like how it works on my skin. It's about 40% olive oil with other oils blended in for lather, plus sage oil, which has a very nice scent to it. Very masculine, I think.

I also add some bentonite clay and ground oatmeal to some bars for their ability to "scrub" dead cells off my skin.

Years ago, my deodorant of preference ended up being Old Spice sport... and never looked back... then I started using various body soaps and again... tried a bunch and ended up with the Old Spice stuff yet again.

I'm now trying their fancy lines and the Denali has been very nice.

I admit when I used to use body wash I really liked the scent of Denali. The best body wash scent IMO.

I use Dr. Bronner's as my staple. It is gentle, cleans well, and leaves little to no scent (unless you get the scented). I then do another light wash with whatever soap is the same as my cologne for the day. Lately I have been using a bar of L'Occitane I got as part of a Christmas gift. Again, not too trying, smells decent. I also have a C&E Sandalwood in rotation.

Top Bottom