What's new

Muhle New NR 101 and 102 Razors similar to the NR 41!

These razors seem to have the same head design as the much talked about 41 razor. They describe these razor as being one for the practiced wet shaver. It features a new blade angle which allows for a vigorous direct shaving technique. Has anyone tried these new razors and what has been your experience?

I've got the 102--white handle,same new head as the R41...got a pack of Personna Med Prep blades with it (the advice I received before purchasing was to get sharp blades--feathers, preps, Gillette 7 O Clock yellow....SI's I'd imagine). Great shaves are all I can say--I got a couple of nicks on the fifth day with the blade yesterday when I was in a hurry, but that was the first time it has really bit me.... A great razor overall for me. I'll probably use it exclusively for a while until RAD takes over again. Of course, take a look around and you will get plenty of varying opinions....

I like the acrylic handle muhles better because i find the grip substantially better and the balance a little better....wish i could trade the handle on my r89 for a white acrylic handle, may have to go to WTT.

So it is the same razor as the R41, just with the acylic handle and I am guessing less weight. The price I saw was $61 for either and was the same as the R41. Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes same head, just different handle that is the only difference. Have fun with it, but be careful, as the R41 can be mean! I never cut myself with it, but I just felt I had to pay to much attention so I traded mine. I got mine (R41) from connaught shaving for a lot less, and got it in less than a week even though it comes from the UK. They have great prices on MWF soap as well.

I bought mine from Connaught as well--great price, quick delivery. Got the Personna Med Blades and a puck of the Fat in the same order and it was less than 60 usd with shipping.

I bought an R89 with the regular handle and an R41 with the black acrylic handle (that is to say, I bought the R101 or 102), and I prefer the regular handle. Heavier and better grip. Interesting that billgoat above thinks the acrylic handle has a better grip. Maybe I'll have to try it again.

As it is, I tend to use the metal handle on both razors, reconfiguring as needed.

Top Bottom