What's new

The Latte Art Thread

a bit of an improvement you can see i improved my milk frothing. $AiwY1eGCIAA5Yvi.jpg

Nice rosetta, sir. I've got a Speedster and can't do latte art that well. I've finally got milk steaming down, so now I got to work on my pouring skills and relax more during the process. I'm possibly too stiff and still asleep at 5am.

Cheers!
Mark

well switched to 3.25% milk its definately thicker and poofyer than 2%. ill need to figure this stuff out better because it really wanted to float right off the bat. so had to act quick with this one.

proxy.php

ok i gota figure something out with this 3.25% it expands waaaay too much. putting the required amount in the pitcher causes the pitcher to overflow where the 2% it was like 1'' off the top. that and i have to pour from 2' off the cup to stop it from swallowing the crema

proxy.php

ok figured out somethign with the 3.25 milk. use the stripped frothing want (frothing aid removed so one single hole) to steam with. perfect microfoam no big bubbles at all. sad thing is i need to use my small pitcher with the side handle and bad spout so pouring from that is darn near imposible. so no picture of pretty rosetta's this time. i gota play with tamping doseing and grind size now to get better shots now i have fresh coffee

Hi guys

Here's an older one of mine

$art1.jpg

I think this was done with a Silvia at the time. The No.1 key killer thing for latte art is not too much air - if you add too much air at the start you are into big bubble foam land and then you just make a cappuccino and relax :001_unsur

Ice cold milk, just a few short seconds sucking air at the start and then put the wand deeper and swirl. You might find yourself at the other end of things with not enough air and a 'flat white' a few times - but that's more likely to pour art than the opposite. Hope that helps

Matt

Should we make another thread, sticky it, and call it "Post your Latte Art pics here" ? I have a ton. It appears I am no longer the only one with a lot. In-house latte art competition anyone?

Should we make another thread, sticky it, and call it "Post your Latte Art pics here" ? I have a ton. It appears I am no longer the only one with a lot. In-house latte art competition anyone?

Err, yes I'll play...here's another one
Cheers!
Matt
$August 114 (640x480).jpg

i tried to change this thread to "late art thread" but it dident change :( but that sounds like a good idea. ill have to kick it up a bit

Last edited:
lol let me figure this stuff out before i go doing how too's but the threads a good idea.

After seeing what Mattius can sling, I'm not sure I want to play. Sweet rosettas!

I do appreciate the "too much air" tip as I'm sure that's my biggest downfall. Keeping that tip submersed is proving difficult for me.

After seeing what Mattius can sling, I'm not sure I want to play. Sweet rosettas!

I do appreciate the "too much air" tip as I'm sure that's my biggest downfall. Keeping that tip submersed is proving difficult for me.

Thanks! I was fortunate enough to get a lesson years ago from a really cool coffee guy who is now dead sadly - he was the 5th generation family owner of a large Scottish coffee and tea merchants. I couldn't believe how flat and shiny he kept the milk, no more than 15-20% increase in volume from when the milk was cold. And then it's all in the pour and the wrist wiggle...

ok i gota figure something out with this 3.25% it expands waaaay too much. putting the required amount in the pitcher causes the pitcher to overflow where the 2% it was like 1'' off the top. that and i have to pour from 2' off the cup to stop it from swallowing the crema

proxy.php

Wow! A smiley face at the bottom to boot!

Well, my steaming has improved by not allowing nearly so much air into the mixture, but I'm still not producing anything worthy of pictures. My concoctions do please the palate though, so for me that's all that really matters. Still working on that wrist wiggle...

Well, my steaming has improved by not allowing nearly so much air into the mixture, but I'm still not producing anything worthy of pictures. My concoctions do please the palate though, so for me that's all that really matters. Still working on that wrist wiggle...

I stickied this thread like you all asked for, so lets see some pics. I'm a very picture oriented person. :smile:

-jim

Top Bottom