What's new

Razorock shaving cream soap, or shave soap?

So I haven't tried many new soaps/creams, and hear good things about Razorock, but what is the difference between shaving cream soap, and their shave soap? Also, what is you're favorite razorock scent? Thanks!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Mate, RazoRock products are made exactly as in the great Italian tradition, i.e. they are an "in between" category of soft soaps/hard creams. With slight differences this is the consistency they all have, no matter how you call them. My favourite scent is Lavender and my current favourite RazoRock products are the Linea Officina Artigiana Chianti Lavender and the new King Louis.

One is softer and easier to lather than the other. The cream soap can more easily be lathered in a bowl if you prefer, but the shave soap you'd definitely want to lather directly on the face. Really, your best move would be to buy one of each and give them a try.

Those who can tolerate the XXX cream soap love it most. But if you've had irritation issues with strong citrus scented items, you may want to opt for a different cream soap of theirs than XXX.

Personally, I've only found I can tolerate the Classic Cream Soap after letting it outgas. (Sit and the fragrance die off some, then add water to try and get the performance back.) I've also let the Lavender soap outgas and still need to give it another try sometime. But fresh out the tub, most everything Razorock irritates me.

Mate, RazoRock products are made exactly as in the great Italian tradition, i.e. they are an "in between" category of soft soaps/hard creams. With slight differences this is the consistency they all have, no matter how you call them. My favourite scent is Lavender and my current favourite RazoRock products are the Linea Officina Artigiana Chianti Lavender and the new King Louis.

Ok, so I have used Porasso and would assume then it is very similar. I do have sensitive skin, so maybe I'll say away from the xxx. Thanks!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ok, so I have used Proraso and would assume then it is very similar. I do have sensitive skin, so maybe I'll say away from the xxx. Thanks!

I have no problem using the XXX, but here on B&B some members reported about issues probably due to their sensitive skin. However, until you try, you don't know.

Ok, so I have used Porasso and would assume then it is very similar. I do have sensitive skin, so maybe I'll say away from the xxx. Thanks!

I've only used Omega, which is made by and said to be just like Porasso. Omega and the Razorock Cream Soaps are similar in consistency. In lathering, the Razorock products IMHO make a slightly better, smoother, thicker lather. But due to the allergy issues, I use Omega more. Just since I can use Omega fresh out the tub. While in the meantime I'm trying to get my outgased Razorock Classic to the "right" consistency again, via adding a little water and letting it sit closed a while. I just have not had time or incentive to get back to the Razorock again yet. I'd use Razorock as my #1 if I never had any irritation issues.

I tried letting the XXX outgas and it still was just way too strong for me. (I could just tell the scent was still way too strong, even after letting it sit open and dry for several days. I didn't actually try using it again, just the still strong scent was like a warning to me after the issues I had with XXX after the first use.) I had to hang my head and let the XXX go :sad: .

Last edited:
My two favorites at the moment are Chianti Lavender and Cacao with XXX running a close third. Haven't tried King Louis yet...
I have a lot of soaps - probably enough to mention in my will - but the three mentioned above are my favorites period, not just RazoRock.

Chianti Lavender I find absolutely heavenly.

Jeff

I'm very picky about soaps and creams. Recently, I got Muguet de France, King Louis, and Fresco, and l love them all. The lathers are thick and slick, and the scents are pretty natural. I think RazoRock is one of the greatest values in shavedom.

I broke out the Chianti Lavender today, to see how it would do for me since I let it outgas for a few days. Perfect shave, performed like a champ and no irritation after the shave. So for me, letting the Chianti Lavender outgas made it a great soap for me.

And since Italian soaps are best face lathered, I don't think I'll ever use a shave stick when traveling. I'll just use the Chianti Lavender :thumbup: .

I have the Fresco cream soap and the Artisan Muguet de France. The Artisan is a little firmer than the Fresco but both produce similar lather and need to be used like a soap, not a cream. I definitely prefer the scent of the Fresco and think the performance is slightly better by a very small margin. Both perform very well.

I may let my Muguet sit uncovered for a few days and see if that mellows the scent. Out of the tub, it is way too sweet smelling for me, but when lathered up it's not too bad. I would like it more if it wasn't so super sweet smelling.

I'm very picky about soaps and creams. Recently, I got Muguet de France, King Louis, and Fresco, and l love them all. The lathers are thick and slick, and the scents are pretty natural. I think RazoRock is one of the greatest values in shavedom.

+1.

With respect to the XXX - I am not sure what it is about it that I like so well, but I do like it so. That said, I have had iritation using it... once. I really went to town in the shower cleaning my face as I had Dovo paste on it from working my straights .:confused1 Man did it burn! But that has never happened again and I think any cream would have stung after having scrubbed my face the way I did.

The Violet and Lavender both smell amazing. You can't go wrong with any RazoRock soaps/creams imo.

I may let my Muguet sit uncovered for a few days and see if that mellows the scent. Out of the tub, it is way too sweet smelling for me, but when lathered up it's not too bad. I would like it more if it wasn't so super sweet smelling.

Yea, let it sit open for about 3-5 days, the scent will die down a bit. Let it sit open in your bathroom and work as an air freshener :w00t: .

Since it's not a cream soap, leaving it open won't cause it to totally dry out and lose performance like a cream soap. It will get a little firmer, but still be a little moist and will perform 100%.

The Artisan soaps can be used right away after it's been open some days, without having to try and "doctor" it to add moisture back. I suspect, a Razorock Artisan soap could be left open weeks/months without issues, although I have not tried that.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I love the artisan series, but I was amazed when I tried the King Louis.

Top Bottom