What's new

Puck vs. Stick Formulations

Is there any difference at all between the formulation of a soap puck or stick from the same manufacturer? I somehow got under the impression that sticks were somehow formulated (more water?) to be softer, but I'm not really sure if that's true. Also, I don't currently have both a stick and a puck from the same manufacturer to compare directly, but I seem to recall that the Tabac puck is a different color from the Tabac stick I currently have. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It depends on the product. You need to have a look at the ingredients to be sure. As an example, I believe the Speick shave soap is the same in a puck or in a stick. De Verghule Hand is also the same. Wilkinson Sword blue bowl is different to the Wilkinson Sword Blue Shave Stick...

It depends on the product. You need to have a look at the ingredients to be sure. As an example, I believe the Speick shave soap is the same in a puck or in a stick. De Verghule Hand is also the same. Wilkinson Sword blue bowl is different to the Wilkinson Sword Blue Shave Stick...
Where is this mythical 'Speick puck' or 'Speick peick'?

Some manufacturers will make the stick a little softer to be easier to apply to the face. Others are the same....

As an example TOBS stick is a softer, glycerin heavy soap...whereas TOBS pucks are super hard milled soaps.

Top Bottom