What's new

TOBS for sensitive skin.....drying out my skin.

Do you have dry skin otherwise? That is not very uncommon. Do you wash your face with soap prior to the lathering with TOBS? Do you use SS or SC (although it shouldn't make significant difference)?

Normal skin. Been told it is nice by females if that means anything. Def not oily. I don not wash my face with soap. I generally just splash water on it in the shower, as my skin tends to be fairly low maintenance. SC. The only other high end cream I've used is TAOS for sensitive skin and it was fine.

The dry areas are pretty much on/around my dimples. Everywhere else is fine.

Could it a type of irritation due to my technique. I am new and def don't have my technique dialed in.

I have absolutely no idea why is your face dry after a shave. Definitely use a greasy AS balm after a shave if you continue to use TOBS. Or better, stop using that soap (cream?).

Stop into Whole Foods (there are 3 in W Hollywood) and pick up some unscented kiss my face cream.

http://www.kissmyface.com/product/item/58

Use it alone and see if your dry skin issue clears up. If it does (and it should), then you can blend some of the unscented cream with your scented soap and get the best of both (a moisturizer and a nice smell)

I've had a few creams give me dry skin, and TOBS Jermyn Street for sensitive skin was one of the worst offenders. T&H Limes was pretty bad too. The TOBS was a head scratcher for me, but I tried three times with the same result. My other TOBS creams (avocado - yes, I like the scent and sandalwood) haven't caused me any issues.

I've had a few creams give me dry skin, and TOBS Jermyn Street for sensitive skin was one of the worst offenders. T&H Limes was pretty bad too. The TOBS was a head scratcher for me, but I tried three times with the same result. My other TOBS creams (avocado - yes, I like the scent and sandalwood) haven't caused me any issues.

Sounds like both of our skins don't like something in Jermyn Street for sensitive skin. Good to know I'm not the only one.

I've taken a couple days off from shaving and my skin is back to normal.

Top Bottom