What's new

Watch Accuracy

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411161232.656790.jpg

This Seiko, after 7-8 years of daily use, loses about a minute per month. It has taken one heck of a beating as I wear it on duty.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't know what movement yours has, but my Seiko 5 has the 7S26 movement, which is reputed to be very robust due to its simplicity. I enjoy mine for sure. I have adjusted the time once since I got it in April- I can live with that.

on edit: Added plus- I picked it up brand new at a pawn store for $30 out the door.

My explorer ii is the most accurate watch I've ever owned. For two years it has registered a consistent +5 seconds a month. I'm sure its a fluke and I'm concerned it'll lose that perfection when it goes in for servicing at some point.

Snortle.

It's a fluke, but, be lucky you got it.

Mine lost almost 15 minutes a WEEK. Made the dealer take it back about four months after I bought it and got a Omega SMP Chrono in titanium.

Best swap I've ever done on a watch.

My daily beater is a Tag Heuer 2000 Classic (2116-1) and it's never more than a minute or two, either way, off of UNSO time. In the summer, it runs fast. In the winter, it runs slow. I haven't set the time on this thing in about five years, it's that reliable.

At the other end of the spectrum, my A. Lange and Sohne Datograph, is reset every time I wear it, and it loses about 2 minutes per day. But, I put up with it because of what it is...a masterpiece of engineering, art, and beauty. I don't wear this because I need to be within two minutes of a schedule...I own and wear it because it says I don't give a $h!t about being two minutes late to anything.

Of all the watches I own, none of them make any more sense "accurate time-keeping wise" than any of the cars I own that make sense for "just transportation wise."

Maybe it's just me, but a couple minutes slow on my watch means a couple of minutes I can make up driving my cars.

So, with watches, your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• $IMG_20140920_170837.jpg
    $IMG_20140920_170837.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
$IMG_20140920_174834[1].jpg

1973 SS 350 w/ numbers correct. Frame up resto with a totally stupid engine. Summit Racing top end, Edelbrock air gulper, Hendrick Motorsports camshaft/valves/arms/pistons/headers, etc. Looks stock...makes about 700hp.

Too stupid to even describe or explain.

The car is not able to be driven on normal streets.

I knew the car, not the watch, would sucker someone in!

It's literally a time machine...It goes so f$%^&ing fast, Albert Einstein wishes he owned it.

You can reset slow watches in it.

With the accuracy, I guess I would be picking Seiko and Casio G-shock as well. If it is being worn consistently, then you can never go wrong. But the styles of Tissot is elegant-looking as well. It suits either formal or casual clothing styles.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Gorgeous watch! Did you get it regulated under warranty?

Thanks Adrian. It was done twice the first year - when new it was slower than COSC standard, the shop where I bought it adjusted it but then it was too fast for my preference - finally settled down after the second adjustment.

Top Bottom