What's new

Korn Liquor not Corn Liquor

Korn (a German clear spirit) is usually made from rye (according to wikipedia). A friend gave me a bottle. I have never heard of it nor seen it in the U.S.

It tastes, to me, like slightly sweet, mild vodka. Interesting drink. Has anyone tried it? What did you think?

I've consumed more than my fair share of that whilst over in Germany. I love the stuff and it's cheap in bars, our usual rounds consisted of a pint of duckstein (.5 litre, I always feel cheated out of those 68ml...) and a shot of apfelkorn and repeat. A bottle aided an interesting trip walking/staggering back to our hotel at 3am after getting lost in the Reeperbahn too :laugh:

I've consumed more than my fair share of that whilst over in Germany. I love the stuff and it's cheap in bars, our usual rounds consisted of a pint of duckstein (.5 litre, I always feel cheated out of those 68ml...) and a shot of apfelkorn and repeat. A bottle aided an interesting trip walking/staggering back to our hotel at 3am after getting lost in the Reeperbahn too :laugh:

This is the label of the bottle I received. I did not realize before that a "standard" size bottle was 7 cl. In the US it is 75 cl. It seems to me that 750 ml makes more sense. I wonder why the smaller bottle (such a little difference) was adopted.

$images.jpeg

Top Bottom