What's new

New to the forum and a question!

Hi all,

Have been lurking this forum for a while and picking up a lot of tips from here. And decided to register yesterday.

I have been wetshaving almost all the time since I started to get a beard, but for a couple of years ago i find out about DE shaving.
I have always had a little problem with irritation on my neck (razor bumps). Sometimes more sometimes nothing. That has made me to switch back and forth from DE, cartridge and even sometimes electric shave. To test if I can get an irritation free shave.

I now have decided that I will DE shaving only to see if I can get my technique good enough to get irritation free shaves, almost all the time at least.

Now for my first question on this forum: Can shaving cream and soap get frozen??

Maybe a strange question, but i live in Sweden and the range of shaving products is not gigantic here. So I was going to order some products online, but when the items is arriving to me, they are going to be in my mailbox for a while. This time of year we have about -10 degree celsius.
So can creams, soaps or other products be destroyed if they are getting to cold?

/ FROS

I don't think they'll be destroyed--it's just soap, really. If it produces any kind of ingredient separation, just stir the pot a bit.

And welcome to B&B!

I don't think they'll be destroyed--it's just soap, really. If it produces any kind of ingredient separation, just stir the pot a bit.

And welcome to B&B!

+2

If the creme gets frozen I would just make sure it's returned to room temperature before using to keep its consistency. No issues with the soap.

Welcome!

First of all, welcome to B&B!

Second, your country is getting a lot of publicity right now with the release of the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' movies!

Third, if your soap or cream freezes, I doubt it will affect its performance. Just thaw it out gently at room temperature and it should be fine.

Good luck!

Welcome to B&B!

(I live in a Sub-Tropical place so I can't answer effects of -10C on anything! If your temperature gets over 35C , let me know!)

Welcome! I just started with DE shaving a week ago. I had the same kind of problems with neck irritation, did not really matter how I did it or what I used, the irritation was there before long. What I noticed with DE shaving is it started with irritation on my neck area, probably due to a not so optimal technique (too much pressure, bad angle), but after a week of every day shaving it is getting less and I fully expect it to go away eventually. I'm amazed! :001_smile

What comes to the cold weather, I hear you, I live a few hundred km's east of you and I ordered some fragrance which I'm not so happy to leave in a mail box for too long when it's -25 centigrade or lower. I'd think a soap or cream is still fine, so no problems.

Welcome aboard the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Welcome to B&B.

I have never put soap in a freezer. However, I have vacuum sealed soap and used it more than a year later and it worked just fine.

First of all, welcome to B&B!

Second, your country is getting a lot of publicity right now with the release of the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' movies!

Third, if your soap or cream freezes, I doubt it will affect its performance. Just thaw it out gently at room temperature and it should be fine.

Good luck!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

The swedish films I liked very much, I will definitely watch 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'

Looks like it is no problem for me to make a order, even if the stuff is going to be a little cold :001_smile

Thought I shall order MWF and Proraso Pre & Post and try it out.

/ FROS

Welcome! I just started with DE shaving a week ago. I had the same kind of problems with neck irritation, did not really matter how I did it or what I used, the irritation was there before long. What I noticed with DE shaving is it started with irritation on my neck area, probably due to a not so optimal technique (too much pressure, bad angle), but after a week of every day shaving it is getting less and I fully expect it to go away eventually. I'm amazed! :001_smile

What comes to the cold weather, I hear you, I live a few hundred km's east of you and I ordered some fragrance which I'm not so happy to leave in a mail box for too long when it's -25 centigrade or lower. I'd think a soap or cream is still fine, so no problems.

Almost neighbors then :001_smile

I also think that my irritation on the neck comes from to much pressure or that I'am going over the same spot to many times. When I not going for the smoothest of shave I do not have much irritation.
But I will hang in and keep learning new stuff, get more experience and hopefully it will lead too that BBS shave with no irritation.

Top Bottom