What's new

Acquisitions for February 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great example but I couldn't resist. There was a peculiar rust on this blade that looked like little worms which unfortunately did some damage to the paper thin edge so it had to get shortened a bit. But the case still has the odd packing material as well as the razor still having the factory decal on the handle. There is no evidence of hone wear,, just that darn edge that had to be addressed.
I have six more Gillettes I'm picking up early in the week.
Still , I couldn't pass up this Puma Gold for $35.00 as found in the wild.

:001_tt1: WOW. Lucky you!

Legion

Staff member
proxy.php

50x150 La Verte. Man is it hard! No worrying about auto slurry on this badboy.

Please pardon the background. This is the place in the house with the best light, and my work desk is... Busy. What we have here are the gifts that SWMBO brought home for me from her trip to Walt Disney World to do the Princess 5k last week. A bottle of Givenchy Pi Neo and a pair of Mickey Mouse cufflinks. If you look carefully, you can see the yellow corner of the Tibetan prayer flags that she got me as well, from the gift shop at the end of the Expedition Everest ride.

Attachments

• $2012-02-28%u00252B07.39.55.jpg
    $2012-02-28%u00252B07.39.55.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
On my post with the Gems, or the Puma Gold I said I was getting 6 more razors early this week. Well I lied. You may know my 'scorched Earth' theory of picking razors if you've seen my posts.
I was going to list more group shots but you guys know what you're looking at. The interesting thing I found was sitting beside the two single rings ( one in silver the other gold, one has the typical date of Nov.15 'O4. and the other has nothing on it at all) is what looks like a third single ring but is actually a German made near twin marked A. Braisch, made in Germany under the head. Very neat looking razor. Other than that, more gems in boxes with instructions, another Rolls with a box of orig. pins and blades, the Enders adds to my collection of those ( didn't have this one in the box, with extra blades and instructions 4 or 5 models of them now.A Bostonian which will sit next to my twin silver and gold Aristocrats and just a bunch of other stuff. That silver pocket edition is near mint. I think this is my 6th or 7th FB. which I'm giving to my brother in law for his birthday to which I'll add one of my custom brushes and some soaps.
Fair pricing as well, All totaled $120.00

Attachments

• $IMG_0787-1.JPG
    $IMG_0787-1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 347
  • $IMG_0771-1.JPG
    $IMG_0771-1.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 345
  • $IMG_0773.jpg
    $IMG_0773.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 346
  • $IMG_0786.jpg
    $IMG_0786.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 346
  • $IMG_0783.jpg
    $IMG_0783.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 346
Trenton, You're right, I about got a nose bleed with these prices being so high. But I sucked it up , stepped up to the plate and swung for the fences.
It was actually a guy I met at an auction who asked if I was interested in razors. Turns out he collected for quite a while and was now selling some piece because he has new interests. He said last week he sold his Gillette display case filled with razors in orig. boxes. OH SURE, tell me what I missed out on! He claims he has another two Rubbermaids with more pieces he'll let me look through when he finds them. He's a hoarder too.

Hadn't had chance to post up what i had aquired over the last 6-7 weeks due to being crazy busy but luckily i still found some time to trawl the depths of the bay to grab all of these from there....
proxy.php

proxy.php

Ah man...gotta fight the ADs!! But I wanted to get some Floïd Blue before it's gone forever!

Just ordered a bottle of the Blue, and a tub each of Razorock Cacao and XXX.

And I'm curious about the new VDH Luxury, the VDH Glycerin, and the Lucky Tiger aftershave ("my eye on the Tiger!" *guitar riff*)

Received this 1960 today in the mail. Shaved on 5 with Speick stick and Tabac aftershave. Wonderful.It had a little old soap residue but cleaned up well with a little elbow grease. The case and razor are both in great near new condition This is my new go to razor. I'm going to take good care of this one. I can't for the life of me understand why they ever stopped making these.Phone picture is before cleanup.

Last edited:
I re-knotted one just like it. Unfortunately, after a few months the rubber split. I was able to re-use the knot but I really dug that handle.

Mike

I found this brush today "Ever~Ready Hard Rubber Grip Made In Canada" what I found rather interesting is the bottom part of the handle is bone.

New to wet shaving, so I picked up this used Gillette off of ebay for $10, I know you get what you pay for, but I figured I'd start out small while going through the learning curve. Lemme know what I have here, thanks fellas!

$rrazor-1.jpg$razorr.jpg$razor.jpg

Last edited:
I received vintage two double edge razor stroppers from my brother in-law that he had picked up at a friends garage sale. One is a Kriss Kross, and the other is a TwinPlex. I need to clean them up, but I wanted to post a picture right away.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Very nice! I see both of those fairly often, but always well past 50+ bucks each time. They look like they'll clean up nicely!

Yes, please give details on this experiment! I've been wondering about these, as I also see them for sale at several antique shops but they're rather expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom