What's new

Acquisitions for February 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that a blade that wouldn't cut hair on my arm I brought back to cutting hair using the Kriss Kross stopper. I've not tried a shave experiment though....something I have in a long list of shaving related todo's. I'm keeping several old blades stored away to try this at some point.

Yes, please give details on this experiment! I've been wondering about these, as I also see them for sale at several antique shops but they're rather expensive.

I've been holding on to a gold Gillette F4 toggle razor for 20+ years and had no clue what it was.
Obviously I knew it was a razor but thanks to this forum I got more info on it.
I should do spring cleaning more often.

I've been holding on to a gold Gillette F4 toggle razor for 20+ years and had no clue what it was.
Obviously I knew it was a razor but thanks to this forum I got more info on it.
I should do spring cleaning more often.
I didn't know the Toggle was sold in Canada, either way thats an awsome razor to find...

Wow, your phone takes nice pictures, nice toggle too!

thanks..
the pics were taken with my iphone but I cleaned up the background in photoshop.
Im thinking about selling the toggle so I wanted the photos to look nice.. I'll take better pics with my canon soon.

Gents,

I just scored on a vintage Gillette men's vanity set. I have been looking for something with more than the micro handle Travel Tech and wanted a kit with a mirror, etc. Can anyone tell me what style and period Tech this set has or any other history on where they made these? Perhaps someone in the UK can identify? What would that thin brush be used for? Any insights would be appreciated! Thanks.

Thank you gentlemen! I haven't received it yet so I don't know about the date code, the seller didn't provide that either. I was drawn to it by the longer handle and more inclusive vanity items. I have one of those mini travel techs and haven't even tried it. The aluminum handle will be a new twist in my collection. I have been traveling with a fat-handle Tech but this kit might find its way into my travel gear.

Does anyone know if the set is from the US or UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom