What's new

Would you buy a DE safety razor with a pivoting head?

Would you buy a safety razor with a pivoting head?

• Heck Yes! Where can I get one?

• Heck No! Are you nuts?

• I don't know. Never really gave it much thought.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My coworker told me he would be more inclined to purchase a DE if it had a pivoting head and I was just curious to know what the general consensus would be if that were an option. Just curious.

I don't know how it would work. My sensor pivots properly because I keep it pressed tightly to the skin by adding pressure. So you might end up re-making a cartridge razor rather than bringing pivoting to DE razors.

Even on cartridge razors I was holding that d**n pivoting head from moving. I can only imagine how dangerous it would be with a sharp razor. I would probably avoid the R-41 with a pivoting head at all costs.

I see zero benefit, or need for such a pivoting head. It would just be adding unnecessary complexity, to what is currently a very simplistic tool.

Pressure is required to pivot the head of a razor. Cartridge razors encourage this. Proper DE technique discourages this. No thanks.

C'mon guys. The pivoting isn't what's wrong with cartridge razors. I've said before, all of the benefits of cartridges could conceivably be applied to DEs. And if someone did this, I'd be more than happy to try it out. I'd love to try a DE that shaved smoothly over the jawline.

You don't need pressure to make carts achieve the right angle. You just need to hold them at the correct angle and touch them to the face. Pivoting is only needed to correct it after you get it wrong.

Top Bottom