What's new

Would you buy a DE safety razor with a pivoting head?

Would you buy a safety razor with a pivoting head?

• Heck Yes! Where can I get one?

• Heck No! Are you nuts?

• I don't know. Never really gave it much thought.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It won't work. DE shaving is all about controlling your angles as you go; with a pivoting head all control is out of the bathroom.

I went from the most pivoting razor possible (a King of Shaves Azor) to DE shaving. The technique, to me, is so totally different that I wouldn't think of combining the two. To DE shave really well, you have to know how to pull the skin and angle your face under the straight blade. For pivoting carts, you leave the face stationary and the cart moves over it. That said, the Azor makes a good head shaving razor, but I'm hooked on a DE for the face.

That's why the only cartridge I use is a TRAC II which DOES NOT pivot. God gave me a wrist, elbow and shoulder, all of which pivot UNDER MY precise control.

:001_tt2:But the battery and lube strip sound good

Gaines

That's a bit like saying you want to buy a car with a manual transmission that shifts itself. :confused1

Does he wish they came with lubricating aloe strips and little rubber gills, too?

It could work.. cuz isn't that what the guard razor sort of is.. an encapsulated plastic SE with a pivot .. just don't think I'd go for it ...

Last edited:
My coworker told me he would be more inclined to purchase a DE if it had a pivoting head and I was just curious to know what the general consensus would be if that were an option. Just curious.

Was he born with fused wrist bones?

If it helped the shave I'd think about it but I'm pretty sure it wont help the shave any. Cartridges can use pivoty heads because they have a flat surface that torques the head to be at the right angle

I think I would totally be on board to give it a shot...heck, for my generation its more foreign to try a DE razor over a cartridge...my thinking is that the pivot would eliminate the need for my wrist to be in charge and the cost element would be eliminated with a single DE blade....so I would think it would be winner

Top Bottom