What's new

Nib Acquisitions February 2012

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
What a great way to start the month! My bottle of Akkerman Shocking Blue arrived today. My heart felt thanks to Chris, aka The Nid Hog for letting me have chance to own a bottle of this ink. :thumbup:

$Akkerman Ink .jpg

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Don't tease us, man, how is the ink???

It's nice! :biggrin:

It flows well, dries quickly, but is not waterproof. It is a bluer blue without the teal cast that it looks like it has in the picture.

$Akkerman Shocking Blue sample.jpg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What a great way to start the month! My bottle of Akkerman Shocking Blue arrived today. My heart felt thanks to Chris, aka The Nid Hog for letting me have chance to own a bottle of this ink. :thumbup:

View attachment 217458

Interesting looking bottle. I take it by the pic on the box that you tip the bottle and the ball traps the ink in the top. Is this correct?

I stopped at a little shop on the way home from work yesterday. It’s the same shop that I purchased my Parker 75. I picked up this Targa set.
Happy Groundhog Day!

$Targa set.jpg

The Esterbrook was actually last month, but I didn't get around to pics until now. Really not very happy with it at all, but thats a story for another time.

The other four are my Benton Clay pens. More about them in the appropriate thread later tonight.

Attachments

• $P2023170.jpg
    $P2023170.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 204
  • $P2023171.jpg
    $P2023171.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 204
  • $P2023173.jpg
    $P2023173.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 199

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Don't tease us, man, how is the ink???

The ink is beautiful, exactly as described -- shocking blue with that touch of red. Hard to describe but it is like that shiny twin color one gets as the Aurora blue is getting old and starting to thicken up in your empty pen. It looks reddish when dry in certain light but is a dark, wet blue as it easily flows out of your nib. It dries slowly and the bottle is large. I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Which Pelikan to load today? Two got picked, one was the 140 and the green 400.

Another thanks to Chris, the Nid Hog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few other new acquisitions that I picked up at Office Depot today after checking to see if they offer any. The only pic I have of them has my entire collection in it. There are three Pilot varsities (which live up to their rep as amazing pens for the price) and one new Shaeffer calligraphy pen (black with red endcap next to all silver pen). I got this one because I have an older model with a cracked barrel that I still like. The feed on the new one was failing me terribly with the ink cart it came with. I had to press down on the paper to get ink to start flowing every time, even after several hours. Fortunately I have three section/feed/nib units of different sizes from the old kit and they screw on to the new barrel so I will just use that combo.

Attachments

• $P2023177.jpg
    $P2023177.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 198
Big week for fountain pens at the Casa Nid Hog. The two bottles of Akkerman Ink that I ordered were opened and took their place on my desk. I'm glad that everybody likes theirs!

Today, a neat ebonite Ratnam 302 showed up at my doorstep after a long voyage. It drank a bellyfull of Kung Te-cheng and commenced writing immediately.

My first Parker 51 has been inked, put to work and already refilled once. What a beautiful pen! B&B's Benevolent Badger Blue flows out of it like they were designed for each other. Life is good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom