What's new

The 2012 B&B LE Brush. Discussion thread.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here is the new thread guys for discussing the 2012 LE. I cannot wait until summer.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I thought I would post a little teaser. Here are pics of Rudy making the 1st brush.

Cutting the brush stock.

Cut Stock.

Template used to check measurements.

Drilling for the knot.

Checking for fit.

???

Ready to be turned.

Shaping the handle. This amazes me how this is done totally by hand.

Getting closer. :w00t:

You can almost identify it. :thumbup:

Lookin good now.

A little sanding.

Some polishing.

A completed handle.

May I present a B&B LE brush with a Shavemac D01 knot. :thumbup::thumbup:

Now here is the Bad news. There are only 3 left. 1 TGN and 2 Shavemacs. This buy will officially close at 7:00 PM Eastern time on Friday 2-17-2012.

I do not expect these three brushes to make it until then so grab them quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I am so looking forward to this...

If I'm not mistaken, my 2012 LE will be the only one of its kind in Germany!

*basks in the comforting glow of elitism*

*g*

Rudy, you do this all without a jig? Do you make marks on your cutting tool so you know where it should be in relation to your hands so that each section is the correct size, or is it just muscle memory from doing this so long?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Rudy, you do this all without a jig? Do you make marks on your cutting tool so you know where it should be in relation to your hands so that each section is the correct size, or is it just muscle memory from doing this so long?

The third picture shows some kind of "jig". I made two, one for the cut length for the band saw, and one where I have the diameter and some lengths marked for the brush. But, most all is done by hand, one at a time. I always say that there might be slight deviations, but I try to make them as close to each other as I can.

The third picture shows some kind of "jig". I made two, one for the cut length for the band saw, and one where I have the diameter and some lengths marked for the brush. But, most all is done by hand, one at a time. I always say that there might be slight deviations, but I try to make them as close to each other as I can.
very very impressive! i remember my dad turning a lot of stuff on his lathe, and when he was mass producing stuff like you are here (he did a lot of balusters for staircases) and he had quite a few sets of calipers locked down so he could quickly check diameters. then he got lazy and got a duplicator!

I'm excited for this one. My first B&B LE brush. I missed out on the last few as I couldn't justify them at the time. Also, this is the first shaving related item I've bought since the middle of last summer so I deserve it.

Top Bottom