View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl XLVI?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • New England Patriots

26 39.39%
  • New York Giants

35 53.03%
  • Blah, blah, blah. Architecture is King!

5 7.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Thread + Who Will Win? Poll

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jpakstis View Post
    As a die-hard Pats fan, I'm convinced the Giants will win. They have one major advantage: their WRs against our DBs. And that will rear its head in the 4th quarter. Our major advantage, namely GRONK!, is hobbled. So I had to vote for the Giants to win.
    Have faith brother! Remember how T.O. caught something like 14 balls for 125 yards against us in the Philly SB?

Disclaimer: I'm also worried about the matchups, lol.
    Aaron

The Patriots are in real trouble if they have to put Julian Edelman on someone signficant. That guy is hysterical. Anquan Boldin made him look like a fourth grader trying to cover a high schooler. He's no Troy Brown.

The match up of the Patriots' receivers against the Giants secondary is pretty favorable for the Pats, even without Gronkowski - Welker, Branch, Hernandez and, hey, maybe Ochocinco will show up for this one! Remember him?

The big advantage for the Giants is their pass rush - Umenyiora, Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Canty, Kiwanuka... If they can get to Brady, they can win. If they can't, he's going to kill them, because the secondary and linebackers are not that good.

+ a billion on "This game can't get here soon enough."

I am totally stoked. Of course, as soon as the game is over, I'll lapse into a six month depression until pre-season.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorMontenegro View Post
    I am totally stoked. Of course, as soon as the game is over, I'll lapse into a six month depression until pre-season.
    You're a Redskins' fan. I thought that the real depression didn't set in until month 2 of the regular season, when your squad is mathematicaly eliminated from the playoffs.
    -Dave

Images

Quote Originally Posted by heybatter View Post
    Have faith brother! Remember how T.O. caught something like 14 balls for 125 yards against us in the Philly SB?

Disclaimer: I'm also worried about the matchups, lol.
    I think the way the Pats play that is to allow the Giants to go from the 20 to the 20 and then clamp down inside the red zone. I think McCourty will start at safety and then rotate to CB once the Giants get to the 20.

Images

The Patriots are in real trouble if they have to put Julian Edelman on someone signficant. That guy is hysterical. Anquan Boldin made him look like a fourth grader trying to cover a high schooler. He's no Troy Brown.
    Yeah, it took until the 4th quarter for the Ravens to exploit that matchup but I think Arrington was still out with an eye injury; I don't think Edelman will be out there nearly as much, especially if Sterling Moore continues to play well.

Oddly, for someone who is convinced (well, convincing myself) that the Giants will win, I'm super-stoked for this game. I haven't felt this way about the Pats in the SB since '01. In both '03 and '04 we were the clear favorites, and um, '07 too.

Quote Originally Posted by dklaiman View Post
    You're a Redskins' fan. I thought that the real depression didn't set in until month 2 of the regular season, when your squad is mathematicaly eliminated from the playoffs.
    Hahaha. Well, I've been living in NYC for six years now, so, while I absolutely detest the Jets more than any other team in the history of athletics (I'm including the ancient Greek city-states), I will root for the Giants against any team not called the Redskins. Now, when the Redskins and the Giants suck, I'm going to be in real trouble. But, really, I'm more a fan of the sport (at least at the professional level) than I am any individual team.

7. Default

I'll take Brady over Manning, any Manning.

Images

I am enjoying reading the posts by Giants' fans about how the Patriots will win; and the posts by Patriots' fans saying the Giants will win.
    I think fans are afraid of jinxing their team by talking smack. I NEVER talk about Steelers games until they are over. I know it is irrational, but that is the way it is for me.

I wish I knew how it is, but with the Redskins, it doesn't really matter what I do. Talk them up - we lose. Talk them down - we lose.

Good video:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...k-brick-strong

I teared up.

I was just thinking:

These have to be two of the worst teams in Super Bowl history. Both teams have terrible defenses and neither team can run the football well. It just goes to show how all of the rule changes in the last several years that benefit passing have changed the game completely.

I guess it's sort of a good thing because it means higher scoring games and lots of zany catches and highlight reel moments, but I kind of miss the days when have a marquee running back like Emmit Smith or Walter Payton mattered. I'll bet guys like Adrian Peterson and Maurice Jones-Drew miss that, too.

Images

w00t!
    Daniel

"Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it."
    -Soren Kierkegaard

Certified B&B Old Fogie

Steward of Shaving Creams

Images

Congrats NY

Pottsylvania, near Whynchatakea Peak and Joisee
    Images

No crying allowed in New England
    Brian
    Let's leave Politics at the door ... and out of B&B !!!!!!

Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey LE Brush Buy (#3)
    Member of the B&B 2012 Rudy Vey LE Brush Buy (#3)
    Member of the B&B LE 2011 Edison Glenmont Pen Buy (#1)
    Member of the B&B LE 2012 Edison Herald Grande Pen Buy (#1)
    Member of the B&B ? buy

B&B Old Fogies Club.

I licked the tires.

Congrats Giants. I will never understand calls like the one that led to NY's last TD. Didn't Holmgren make a similar call in the 1997 Superbowl like that? Didn't work out well for them either.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Congrats Giants. I will never understand calls like the one that led to NY's last TD. Didn't Holmgren make a similar call in the 1997 Superbowl like that? Didn't work out well for them either.
    If they hadn't have done that, the Giants could have run the clock down to 1 second and kicked a field goal. If the Patriot's receivers would have caught some passes, it might have worked.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mmack66 View Post
    If they hadn't have done that, the Giants could have run the clock down to 1 second and kicked a field goal. If the Patriot's receivers would have caught some passes, it might have worked.
    Yeah, that's how Al Michaels explained it too, but has it ever worked?

I wonder if Tom Coughlin will retire after this?

terrible game. neither team played worth a flying sh#7

Great win, but if the Giants had kept Philip Rivers and hired Cowher they would have won the Super Bowl in August.

Edit:

Seriously, I think Coughlin said a while ago that he doesn't intend to retire. Dude is pretty sprightly for a... 69-year-old(?).

Great win, but if the Giants had kept Philip Rivers and hired Cowher they would have won the Super Bowl in August.

Edit:

Seriously, I think Coughlin said a while ago that he doesn't intend to retire. Dude is pretty sprightly for a... 69-year-old(?).
    Now the question is, how long until the perennially fickle (not the word I originally wanted to use) fans in NY turn on him again?

Giants will win methinks
    God loves you so much, that he made you read this, just to let you know.