What's new

I Have Been

born again! I am a novice that has shaved with a Merkur 34C for the last few years. I got into DE shaving after growing up at my grandparents house during the summers. My grandfather used a razor and had his own bowl and brush. My father also had a DE razor and his set, but I never took up the fine art, not even in college.

As far as the 34C, I started only a few years ago. Out of sheer curiosity, and with the help of some friends (and this forum) I bought a set and started shaving. I have tried all manner of blades but never moved onto a different razor. Recently, I wanted to try something a little more aggressive, so I gave it a shot. As a result, yesterday I tried a newly bought Gillette (bought at an antique store) for the first time with TOBS sandalwood shave cream. WOW! What a shave! I used Bluebird blades and it was one of the better shaves I have had. I can't wait to try other razors as I progress through my life. Thanks for reading!

Congratulations on your new find, I prefer the Vintage Razors; DE, SE & Injectors. My only current production is a Lord L6, it's an inexpensive Razor that's fun to use and is great for traveling.

Top Bottom