What's new

Nice Find Today...Mappin Bros.

Here's a razor that I found today it's a:

Mappin Brothers
Queens Cutlery Works
Sheffield

It's a near wedge and is very heavy. All I found is that it's c.1848-1902. I couldn't pass it up for $10. The scales aren't original they are plastic. Also check out the last pic I found this Barbershop wall hanging mirror with mug and brush. I don't know if it's old or rare but I think it's sweet.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes,, that is a very nice blade. I have a Mappin & Webb in Ivory. I haven't done much research on it but what little I have indicates 1835 - current? Of course my mark is different. Maybe one of the Brothers took off and joined with Webb. It'll be interesting to find out. Some of the heavy blades I have seem to shave so silently because of that. I like it. The mug/stand will be a nice addition to hang on your wall. I like that too.
Enjoy your blade, I do mine.
Mark

sweet mapin size?

.82" or 20mm which ever you prefer.

Yes,, that is a very nice blade. I have a Mappin & Webb in Ivory. I haven't done much research on it but what little I have indicates 1835 - current? Of course my mark is different. Maybe one of the Brothers took off and joined with Webb. It'll be interesting to find out.

This is all that I could find too.

Last edited:
Huh,, guess we're both looking at the same Standard Guide to Razors 'eh? Maybe the web will turn up something.

Top Bottom