What's new

Best method for making one cup of coffee?

Me too! Prior to the Aeropress I had a decent French Press or used a ceramic pour over that I made. But once I experience the Aeropress I knew there was no going back. I definitely use it daily.

Tim

I just buy those instant ones, I don't want to bother brewing coffee every morning.

One and a half table spoons in my mug, add hot water and voila. Done. No sugar or creamer.

Sometimes I add a tablespoon of coconut oil before I workout for the extra energy.

Went from French press to Aeropress to Kalita Wave and now Press by Bobble. The Kalita Wave is a smoother cup of Joe but the Bobble is almost as smooth as the pour over but the advantage is the whole unit is insulated so you can plunge the coffee down like French press or Aero but also doubles as our mug on the go.

But over the weekend I purchased a Cory DNU Vacuum Pot and people that I know (5) swear they are the best bar none so will have to wait and see.

I received a French Press coffee maker for Christmas from my Secret Santa. It is the 8 cup model. Which means that my 24oz. Mug that my daughter gave to me for Fathers day (she found it at a Garage Sale I think she paid $0.25 for it) Takes most of it from the French Press. I also have a Melitta Coffee Maker I use it most of the time.

Take a long hard look at the Bonavita drip method.

It has a valve on the bottom which allows you to hold the coffee in place and brew for as long as you like. It's ceramic and holds the heat and keeps the coffee brewing properly. Unlike the Clever Dripper which is all plastic.

I only make a cup at a time. The Bonavita makes a 12 oz. cup.

Boil water and pour in to preheat and rinse the Melitta #4 filter
Drain water into cup, close valve and add grounds.
Pour boiling water over the grounds and brew (6 minutes for me).
Drain into cup and enjoy.

Since I grind the beans during the preheat cycle, it save a bit of time but with all process including draining into the cup, I estimate 10 minutes of which only 4 is me actually working.

Top Bottom