What's new

Horse hair brush?

Hi all....sorry if this question is flogging a dead, well you know... I'm a newb here but am curious to find out anyone's opinions on horsehair brushes as I'm thinking of purchasing one, saw a nice Vie-Long on shavetools.com....any opinions or reviews would be much appreciated...Thanks in advance!! :001_smile

They are fantastic. I recommend a 13061 or try the new 13061M.

I buy them directly from Juan at giftsandcare.com. He can customize your loft for you at no charge just by putting a note in the order, not that the one I'm recommending needs adjustment. Shipping is very fast for overseas.

I have two Vie-Long's - love them both. My go to brush is here.
The horse hair brushes are so nice that they pretty much killed my desire for other more expensive (badger) ones.

I have two Vie-Long's - love them both. My go to brush is here.
The horse hair brushes are so nice that they pretty much killed my desire for other more expensive (badger) ones.

I also recommend this brush..plenty of hair in that 23mm knot..not too soft ,not too scratchy,very easy with soap or cream to achieve thick lather..the handle is also of the highest quality

Another rousing endorsement for the Vie-Long 13061. I face lather and this brush rocks with both soap and creams.

+1

That's all you need to know

Oh... I have a Vie-Long 13061 and like it a lot also (just to jump on the band wagon

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for weighing in everyone, much appreciated and especially the link to the thread, kentclark. I'm thinking my mind is made up and I'll be purchasing one of these... Love the look of the handle on them too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom