What's new

Personna Med Prep Blades...Ouch!

:cursing: I have given these much heralded blades a fair shot and this blade is simply not for me! I have tried them in my Fatboy to my Slant and several other razors in between. This blades simply mangles my face! Not in the sense of blood loss but irritates me, especially around the neck area like nobody's business. I use Feathers with no problem along with other blades and my face feels great. Definitely the termYMMV ceratinly applies in this case. :wink2: Ruined my much anticipated Sunday shave with my new Semogue 1800 and MEM shave cream...which BTW is fantastic! :angry:

Same here, Personnas either give me a great shave or a lot of irritation. No middle ground, and I am not the gambling sort.

The med and lab super blue personna blades are one of my 4 top shelf blades

Feather
Voskhod Teflon
SuperMax Titanium,
Personna super blue (med or lab)

Not always a bad thing when a higher prices product doesn't work out.... I will swap you for what you have left. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I am beginning to wonder if my inconsistencies are more due to user error and face prep vs the blade. Some blades I consistently get a decent shave, others (including feathers) are a great/awful shave....

I tend to get a fairly comfortable shave with personna reds and last a very long time for me. I'm sure you would have no problems geting rid of them.

I am beginning to wonder if my inconsistencies are more due to user error and face prep vs the blade. Some blades I consistently get a decent shave, others (including feathers) are a great/awful shave....

No, blades are different for everyone. That is why there are so many to choose from. If one brand does not work for you...just move onto the next. Obviously if you are new to DE shaving, user error and technique may have a lot to do with it. But just because the majority of people like Feathers does not automatically mean they will work for you. So do not worry to much about that. The problem I see in your statement is that you are describing a "great/awful" shave with the same brand of blade. That is most likely caused by user error and not the blade.

Top Bottom