What's new

Sticky: What is a PIF? - A Guide for Newbies

I'm new here and I gotta tell ya, I am more and more impressed by the content here and the character of B&B members. Thanks for keeping it real!

Ok I think I'm pretty up on what a PIF is. What I'm curious about is what qualifies for a PIF. Is this something that one buys especially to PIF? Or say, if one has a box of Astra Razors that has one pack missing but would like to donate the rest of them through a PIF (95 Razors instead of the full 100)?

I guess what I'm asking is, does the item need to be unopened? What would qualify for a PIF, that would not be insulting to the forum is what I'm concerned with. Obviously used soap/cream might not be too cool, but perhaps a Merkur Razor that was lightly used might be something a new shaver could use.

Ok I think I'm pretty up on what a PIF is. What I'm curious about is what qualifies for a PIF. Is this something that one buys especially to PIF? Or say, if one has a box of Astra Razors that has one pack missing but would like to donate the rest of them through a PIF (95 Razors instead of the full 100)?

I guess what I'm asking is, does the item need to be unopened? What would qualify for a PIF, that would not be insulting to the forum is what I'm concerned with. Obviously used soap/cream might not be too cool, but perhaps a Merkur Razor that was lightly used might be something a new shaver could use.
You can PIF whatever you want as long as it's not illegal. When in doubt, check the TOU. [emoji38]

Used soaps and creams is fine, blades, used razors, etc ... the community will appreciate the generous offer. [emoji106]

+1. Anything that you think would have value or usefulness to someone else is fair game. Just be descriptive when you say what your offering (condition, used or new, etc.). If people think it is something they can use, they will sign up.

Thank you for the succinct yet thorough info on the PIF.
As a newbie lurking around (just registered) I have seen the acronym but had NO idea what it meant!
Clarity!

that's a great thing about B&B. I've won several and given a few. I think it's expanded my appreciation by many times what a normal internet forum would provide.

This is really an amazing idea to work with, and I'd say "This alone would want to make me join the community" but.. I already did! Kudos anyway, though, it makes me happier to be here :)

Top Bottom