What's new

DE Blades holes not centered?

Anyone ever run into this? I received a cheapy DE razor for Christmas - http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/266567-Body-Toolz-TTO-Razor?highlight= - and it came with some Gillette 7 O'clock blades. I used one of these blades this morning in my black-handled Superspeed and, as I shaved, I realized that one side was more aggressive than the other. Looking closely at the SS head, I could tell a difference in the amount of blade showing on each side of the head - definitely more showing on one side than the other. I've used this razor a number of times with other blades and have never noticed this.

This happened to me once. Same thing, one side had more blade showing than the other. It was with a Shark blade. Although I didn't check the blade to see how it was cut, I doubt it was the razor because I was using my daily driver. Needless to say, by the time I realized something was wrong, one side of my face wasn't happy.

I noticed that one of my darby blades needed some slight adjustment (not nearly as severe as your experience), It was slightly twisted. If I wasn't looking at the blade closely I would have probably assumed I just didn't shave as close on one side of the blade.

It happens. I get that once in a while and they just go into the blade safe. When you stamp out millions of blades per day, some are likely to get stuck in the machines.

It could be the blade but it also could be the razor. You might try turning the top or base plate 180 degrees and see if that helps.

It didn't happen because of a blade in my 2+ decades of DE shaving yet (I could have been lucky) but I have a couple of razors that are not even on both sides. Fiddling helps (somewhat).

Top Bottom