What's new

This ever happen to you? Shaving in total darkness

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
The lights went out while I was shaving in a verrrry dark community shower here at the marina. It was REALLY DARK, and I didn't even have my iphone with me. I had left it down here on the boat. When the lights came back on I was almost finished. Had one weeper and a couple of places I had to touch up again. I am pretty stoked about getting a sort of okay shave in pitch black darkness. I have shaved without a mirror plenty of times and that should be basically the same thing since either way you can't see your face or your blade, but it sure felt different!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Must have been a true "zen" experience. The buttering toast sound of razor cutting stubble must have been deafening.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Well, I had already started. Plus I don't have a mirror on the boat so I figured, "what's the difference? Can't see either way."

Had to do it here in Houston after Hurricane Ike took out the power. It's not too bad actually, with a bit of experience you tend to shave more by feel than sight anyway, same as if you were using a DE or cartridge razor.

congrats. I mean just the other day I was wondering if I could shave in the dark with the muscle memory I have developed so far. I mean you really can't think about it much or you lose your actual focus, the memories and strokes. It's like driving a stick shift (manual transmission car) while drunk in the backwoods. Sure you can't concentrate but it's almost second nature. bad analogy?

If the lights went out in a community shower the least of my worries would be the closeness of my shave.

My thoughts exactly!!!

But joking aside, I don't think I could do it with a straight. A DE would be no problem. I don't use a mirror in the shower for that anyway. But I have yet to work up to shower shaving without a mirror with a straight.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409113838.259982.jpg

As I was reading through I was a bit puzzled, considering this was coming from the guy who shaves blind-folded.
As dark can dark be, blind-folder should still be darker.
Still an impressive performance. I am not aware of anyone else here trying to replicate Slash's stunts.

Top Bottom